SS Brigade Schuldt

Hello guys / girls as we all know in Battle of Stalingrad historians say and we know that the major participiant from german side was the Wehrmacht and the SS didn’t take any part in the battle itself . Yes but not exactly as i recently found this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Brigade_Schuldt
Is that possible or it’s a fake ?? Please share any knowledge that you may have . Thanks in advance . :slight_smile:

I doubt it’s “fake,” just not all that significant. Some of the quotes are pretty silly and lend themselves to fanboi-SS “superman” crap often found on the web. I.E.:

“Because of its battle spirit, fire power and speed, this battalion soon makes its reputation with the Russians. “The Russians were scared of them as hell” The attack failed and the Brigade returned to a defensive posture on the 29 January.” [1]

The “Russians were scared of them as hell?” As opposed to what? Not fearing the Heer? The SS men weren’t “scared as hell” when their attack failed?

Yes i agree this quote is really sensless , but if i am not wrong ( i admit i can be ) the brigade is usually about 2000-3000 man in size , and even if this brigade wasn’t in full size which i think was the case important is that we should slightly correct the history as there were some SS soldiers takin’ part in the battle of the Stalingrad . About who was scared or not it’s just another question to discuss i think the both sides in any combat are scared to some point , it’s a part of the human nature and whoever say he wasn’t probably lie a lot .