Stalin's Offer of a "Separate Peace" to Hitler?

I’ve read (on another forum) that Stalin actually offered Ukraine (or at least part of it) to Hitler in exchange for a “cessation of hostilities” between the two Armies. Hitler, with his eye on Oilfields and Iron mines, didn’t accept. I’ve never heard of this before…can someone enlighten me about whether or not this actually happened?

I had not heard of this Ukraine offer proposal, and it goes on destroying History simply taught to us. Soldiers are killed on the field hating ennemies while opposite diplomats are working together.
There were 3 sides that would fight in the 1930ies-1980ies: democraties, communism, fascism.
A/ History: 1/ 1936: democraties allied to communism in Spain, against fascism
2/ 1939: fascism allied to communism to share Poland, against democraties
3/ 1941: fascism attacked communism, communism allied to democraties, against fascism
4/ 1946: fascism destroyed, the Cold War was democraties against communism
B/ I read in French books (by H. Leonard, by JM. Truchet) that in 1936 while France was turning half-communist (Popular Front), England and USA hesitated to ally with fascism against communism.
C/ I read on the Web (Russian sources) that in 1943 American diplomats proposed to ally with fascism againt communism.
I don’t know who is historically right (or lying) but I guess all these diplomatic possibilities have been considered, what the brainwashed people must not know… Thanks to have enriched the subject with this other possibility of a late proposal for fascism to ally with communism (1943? Which source?). However, it may be part also of the brainwashing: democraties pretend communism is bad as wanting to ally with fascism just like communism pretend democraties are bad wanting to ally with fascism…

Well, yes mr Tophe, the soviets actually worried about possible western-nazis colloboration against USSR. the historical events of 1936-38 in Europe made us to think so . Finally , Hitler never hided the fact who is been considered as mortal enemy - communism and Russia( if to believe to “Main kampf”). At the same time he seriously wanted to avoid the war with Britain as much as it was possible. He was shocked , when GB has declared the war on Germany becouse of Poland.
P.S. at the same time the neither “democracies” nor Poland didn’t declared war on USSR , who , according their point of views is the same agressor like Nazi Germany…:slight_smile:
What a nice nuances…

Yes, this is an interesting discussion. Unfortunately, this is not at all (in our West) the way History is taught up to now: no explanation at all, no doubt nor self-critics, just brainwashing commanding which is the Full-Evil side to hate/kill and which is the Fully-Good side to vote/die for… I call this: Western propaganda, like in the 3rd Reich and Stalinism, just as well. Intelligence is elsewhere, here maybe on the Internet, free up to now.

I have found again my main source: http://r-sistons.over-blog.com/article-32339347.html (in French but Google translator is free…)
My memory of 1943 date was wrong for this Alliance West-Axis agains communism, it was (according to this source) in late 1944 by the American leader (of the future CIA) Allan Dulles, accepted by the German leader Kesselring but at last refused by Hitler.