Stick Grenades?

Just curious about them. Who came up with this idea, and which countries used them.?.

Can any one riddle me this?

Without going too deeply, Germany, Japan, and China (Communist, and pre-Communist ) Used a stick type grenade. Hungary, and perhaps others also had some type of this device. Local variants of this device could be expected to show up due to its simple concept, and ease of manufacture using any number of expedient materials. no idea as to the genesis of this type weapon,some of our better bibliophiles will have some info though.

I am almost sure soviet forces used them as well in WW2.
The german army started using them in WW1, in 1915.
Some additional info here:
http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerhgr/stck/index.html

The soviets had the RGD-33 stick grenade that was copied from the German Model 24 but it was phased out of service starting in 1941 in favor of the much simpler RG-42 grenade and also the RG-41 which was another soviet stick grenade. The Chinese also used a stick grenade and later after the Communist takeover they developed the Type 67 which was supplied to countries like Vietnam. The British had the Hand Grenade Model 1 which superseded the Mills Bomb in World War I. Interestingly the Union forces developed a hand grenade called the Ketchum during the American Civil War that resembles the German stick grenades. The wooden handle had fins that could be fitted to the stick and it was meant to insure that the grenade landed correctly to detonate it but it was also used without the fins

i am for certain they used stick grenades the russians had the RGD-33 stick grenade and the F1 frag grenade or pineapple grenade do to its resemblance.

Contributions by new members are welcome, but please try to make some that go beyond the bleeding obvious.

Thanks this helps alot.

the germans and soviets used the stick grenade

POTATO MASHERS???

“On average it took 5 Panthers to take out a Sherman…4 would be lying in a ditch broken down or out of fuel and the 5th one simply blows away the Sherman”

What were the advantages of stick grenades, though, were they better to throw or something?
Because I can only see disadvantages at a first glance. They need more resources to be created, they take up more space on a uniform, they are likely heavier, and they must be harder to arm while prone…

A stick grenade would not roll back down a hill if U didn’t thow it far enough and secondly with a stick, you can logistically throw it farther than an American grenade