Tank Overhaul

http://military.discovery.com/convergence/tank-overhaul/episode/episode.html

I don’t know if any of you get “The Military Channel”,but they have a new cool show on called"Tank Overhaul".The show I seen they were overhauling a panther that was found in a river in poland that had got stuck,so the Germans sabotaged it.

Very nice TV show, why I have not that channel in my cable.

There was a pilot program of that sort on the History Channel, but it was for a Sherman Tank. IT was very good–it was a mix of ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS + WW2 . They are testing the market to see whether people would be interested in this type of show.

While I was watching it(panther) they went and found an a guy in Poland who lived there all his life that had I guess seen it when it fell through the ice into the river.Where it was in the water was 3 or 4 meters deep so it was to deep to pull out so it did not get made into scrap :smiley: Then they dug it up in the 90’s.

I work for the company that produced Tank Overhaul.

The show is broadcast on HD Theatre and Military in the US, UKTV History in the UK, Discovery Germany and across Eastern Europe and Scandinavia on Viasat channels. There are 4 episodes of the series: Comet, Panther, Sherman and Hellcat.

Based on the popularity of the series, plans are underway for additional episodes next year as are dvds of the first 4 HD series. If you like the program, be sure to tune in!

Excellent!!! Truly these are a must have (and see) for any collection! :wink:

Jeff

Glad to hear it. One of the best military history themed shows in recent memory…

I love the show, excellent cinematography…

I’m not sure if they’re still in production, but clips can be seen here:

http://military.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=tank+overhaul

Anyone know the status of the show? It seems they made about five episodes for airing about a year ago. I just recently got the MC again and this was one of my favorite TV shows! :frowning:

Incidentally, they’re replaying the “Comet” and “Panther” episodes the 30th and 31st of January…

P.S. I found this on their filming at FT Hood over the last summer, I guess they’ll have new episodes on the “Elephant” and “M-24 Chaffee” this spring…:slight_smile: