Tankgeezer - Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

I suppose you won’t be able to do anything for a few days after being stunned by the dazzling surrounds of the Holy of Holies known as the mod room. :wink: :smiley:

I expect that Firefly will give you some guidance on your mod duties, but in the meantime have a look at the sticky threads and whatever grabs your interest in the other threads to get an idea of what goes on and how we operate.

Thank you RS, I tread with reverence in the Great Hall of Justice. I’m on site several time a day, (retirement is nice) and will enjoy seeing what you scamps are up to. For ease, and convenience, my email is ravatar252@gmail.com I check it frequently.

'Sup Tankgeezer. Good to have you aboard…

Welcome!
This is where you get to find out all the dirty little secrets of the board, such as why PK got fired :wink:

He didn’t get fired. As he never tired of telling us, he resigned. Before he got fired. :wink: :smiley:

Actually he was deposed in a coup d’état. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard, TG…and all the bad things I wrote about you in the mod room just aren’t true.;):lol:

Welcome aboard mate. MOD-duties are failry straight forward as you probably already know. The essence is to be fair in your moderation and think before you post. Be direct with any troublemakers and if you have any doubts about your moderation bring them here first before taking any drastic action. This is where PK got it wrong. It’s not your job to lord it over anyone or their posts, simply to engender a healthy board where everyone should feel free to post on subjects without being harangued by others. Unless of course they are a total trouble making idiot.

Cheers and once again welcome to the Mod room, I think you will find it fun.

FF

Thanks one, and all for the kind words, I think this will be very interesting. I agree that reasoned response is best, I spent some years as bouncer of a Biker Bar, (a genuinely notorious one) and it was always best to chill them out, than throw them out. Keeps things happy, and laid back. A little Fraternal counsel is usually enough to restore the friendly balance. I’ll bring anything more here first. Nice first,Brass Knuckles second. :slight_smile:
I did notice in the other wars section under WW 1 that there is a thread about games. Should this be moved to the games area?
Also, I cant login to the Mod control panel, the box displays my info, then thanks me for logging in and sends me back to the login box.

I’d like to welcome tankgeezer as well. I had some trouble setting up his account, but all should be fine now!
Thanks for joining the team and your help!

You still want to edit TG’s rank appearance.
******** is not very impressive or meaningful.:wink:

And here I thought I was bootiful.

I know what it is. It’s a filter that prevents people from changing their title to ‘mod’ or ‘moderator’ or ‘admin’ etc…you get the idea. I didn’t think that it would include the mods as well…that’s kinda stupid.