Tanks and armor quiz (medium level)

This topic is intended to deal with questions related to tanks and all its accesories in the period of time between 1918-45.

The mechanic of this topic is as follows:

I will be the only to post the questions, I will keep the score of the members for a future ( if the administrators allowed me ) premiation

All right let just begin.

Identify this tank.

Just one reply for member …Ok :cool:

Is it French?

Char D2

I’m guessing at some sort of Japanese Type 89, maybe a prototype, from the angle and style of the front armour.

Whatever it is, I do like the R2D2 / Star Wars soldier helmet cupola on top of the turret. Very advanced. :smiley:

Char D2

Correct Tankgezeer :slight_smile:

Is it French?

It was.

Next question:

It looks like the 15cm Sturminfanteriegeschütz 33 B auf PzKpfw III Fahrgestell

Jup, the SiG seems a good call

Is it the same question for this vehicle?

Oh Panzerknacker, you are nice playing :wink:
Found out a site with the rare photos of exotic tanks and its description and will test us with the scope-intellect rank:D

It looks like the 15cm Sturminfanteriegeschütz 33 B auf PzKpfw III Fahrgestell

Correct librarian, and yes TG, it was to identify the vehicle.

Oh Panzerknacker, you are nice playing :wink:
Found out a site with the rare photos of exotic tanks and its description and will test us with the scope-intellect rank

Feel free to open your own quiz section.

new question, am ready

You do ?

Okay:

Hipotetical question :

Lets said that you are a Tiger I tank commander in the eastern front, 1944.
Suddenly you are attacked by a large formation of heavy JS-1 and JS-2 tanks. Knowing the capabilities of you main gun and without hollow charge or tugsten core ammo available you should…

A) Open fire when the ruskies are well over 2000 meters in range.

B) Better shot at Ivan at 1500 meters.

C) Wait until the JS reach the 1000 Meters

D) Hold you fire until the 800 meters.

E) Let get the hell out of there.

“E” is the best answer, although the number of JS is not stated, the typical platoon size was 3 tanks, so with a “large formation,” one tiger might be facing a company (9 tanks) So, run like a bunny.

Depends on what’s behind you. The Germans had a nasty habit towards the end of the war of executing any of their own troops found moving backwards without clear orders to do so.

Pretty difficult to execute you, when you are in a tiger, though :smiley:
The KWK 36 shouldn’t be expected to penetrate the front of the IS on a range of more than 500 metres imho, so RUN LIKE A BUNNY.
If I may use the Jagdtiger with the KWK 43, 2-3 IS would go down on ranges beyond 1500 metres, before RUNNING LIKE A BUNNY

Excellent remarks, honorable Mr. Drake. However, we do not know the exact orientation of the frontal armor plates of our mighty opponents, and I suppose that we are positioned with firm intention to stop the advance of our opponents.

Therefore knowing ballistic capabilities of my KwK 36, as well as all those protective armor covering characteristics of my Soviet opponents, and bearing in mind the fact that I have only PzGr 39 in my ammunition storage, I think that variant D, “Hold you fire until the 800 meters” is the best solution in this case.

Of course, my driver will be obliged to change our static-firing position after the third shot of our main gun, and our colleagues will provide covering fire for us from their locations while we are executing our maneuvering.

Clap. Clap clap (those are aplausses) Librarian could no be more correct.
Next question:Wich tank was named after a deceased party officer in the USSR ?

Kliment Voroshilov 1?

Died December 1969, so probably not…

Best guess is the IS-10, brought out in 1952 and renamed the T-10 after Stalin’s death in 1953. It’s a bit of a weak guess though.