The Big Red One

Big Red One ,1980 113 min with
Lee Marvin,Mark Hamill ,Robert Carradine and Bobby Di Cicco

Acting was ok for a 1980 movie ,you could tell what guns were props too
Would not be on my (will watch it again list )

I never liked this one I’m afraid, it just felt like a Spaghetti western for ww2!

The movie was OK. The message, however, was interesting. It implied that even thought the WWI was all-out, 'till the end, “I’ll kill as many of you as I can”, WWII was not that kind of a war. I respectfully disagree.

i agree with Piotr, the movie was ok

Well it stars Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) as a reluctant private, rifleman and Lee Marvin as his grizzled, WWI veteran sergeant and was written by a veteran of the division. I love some of the unsentimental dialogue, but hate the Sherman “panzers” :D.

What do you think?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080437/

It’s okay. Good to watch if there’s no other war movie one.

I just recently watched another bad movie about El Alamien and the Italians fighting along side the Germans. They used M24 Chaffee’s as the German Panzer III’s and for the most part they were a better “look a like” than a Sherman tank as a Panzer. :mrgreen:

It was an OK flick. I believe the film budget was to small to try to fully explore the concepts they were trying to present. All in all not bad.

Has anyone seen – and compared – the original and the much longer reconstructed version?

_

I wasn’t aware there was a reconstructed version.

I might have to pick that up…