The death of Ernie Pyle, war correspondant

I read almost all his paper published columns, the books published after-war are better, since they’re not censored. I just found how he died. Great reading for all interested in what the G.I. lived through…

Following the entry of the U.S. into World War II, Pyle became a war correspondent, applying his intimate style to the war. Instead of the movements of armies or the activities of generals, Pyle generally wrote from the perspective of the common soldier, an approach that won him not only further popularity but also the Pulitzer Prize in 1944. His wartime writings are preserved in three books: Brave Men, Here is Your War, and Ernie Pyle in England.

In 1944, he wrote a column urging that soldiers in combat get “fight pay” just as airmen were paid “flight pay”. Congress passed a law giving soldiers 50 percent extra pay for combat service. The legislation was called “the Ernie Pyle bill.”

He reported from the United States, Europe, Africa, and the Pacific. On April 18, 1945 Pyle died on Ie Shima, an island off Okinawa Honto, as the result of machine gun fire from an enemy machine gun nest. He had set out in a jeep with Lieutenant Colonel Joseph B. Coolidge, commanding officer of the 305th, as well as three other men. The road, which paralleled the beach two or three hundred yards inland, had been cleared of mines, and hundreds of vehicles had driven over it. As the vehicle reached a road junction, a machine gun position firing from a coral ridge about a third of a mile away opened up. The men stopped their vehicle and dived into the ditch. Pyle and Coolidge raised their heads to look around for the others, and when they spotted them, Pyle smiled and asked Coolidge “Are you all right?” Those were his last words. The machine gunner opened up again, and Pyle was struck in the left temple. The colonel called for a medic, but there were none present; regardless, Pyle had been killed instantly. He was buried with his helmet on, and laid to rest in a long row of graves among other soldiers, an infantry private on one side, an engineer on the other. At the 10 minute service, the Navy, Marine Corps, and Army were represented. He was later reburied at the Army cemetery on Okinawa, then moved to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific located in Honolulu. When Okinawa was returned to the Japanese the Ernie Pyle Memorial was one of three American memorials they allowed to remain in place.

person_pyle2.jpg

I hate to be nit-picky but there are a couple points that are not entirely accurate. “Following the entry of the U.S. into World War II, Pyle became a war correspondent” The book Ernie Pyle in England was written before the US entered the war, he voluntarily went to England to cover the Blitz. Also, he wrote another book that was unfinished at the time of his death. I fail to remember the name but I believe it was simply called “Last Chapter.”

Sorry for any dupes, but stole these links from my old blog over on blogger…thought you might like:

http://journalism.indiana.edu/resources/erniepyle/

http://www.indianahistory.org/pop_hist/people/pyle.html

But by then Tone had already made her so aroused that it had been impossible to not continue and she wasn’t sure that she would have been able to stop celebrity sex videos the self-confident, beautiful dark-haired orwegian even if she would have wanted to.

he pinched himself in the leg just to make sure he wasn’t dreaming, but he wasn’t, and the proof soon was filling Hannah Stern’s mouth, free full length sex videos as blast after blast slammed against the back of her throat

The two old guys spun her around and she was now straddling one old fucker on the couch jamming his cock up her pussy. On the out bound stroke of his cock you could see a coating of cum glistening in the soft light. Shit, how many times had these dudes cum in or japanese sweet sex on my wife. Also, was this their first encounter? The oldest guy with the big dick began fucking he in her ass. She loved this and I didn’t mind watching.

But by then Tone had already made her so aroused that it had been impossible to not continue and she wasn’t sure that she would have been able to stop celebrity sex videos the self-confident, beautiful dark-haired orwegian even if she would have wanted to.

She had been half asleep and completely taken by surprise when Tone had straddled her stomach this morning. The player oral sex videos had at once started to work on her breasts and it free transexual sex videos wasn’t until after a few minutes of having the woman sucking and licking her nipples that it had struck her that her mum and Evelyn was watching.

Her legs, already unsteady do to her climax, slowly gave away as she slid to the floor while whispering grateful thank yous, she then adding, “Now it’s my turn,” while taking his amateur sex videos erection into her warm mouth a delicately running her tongue all around his velvety head!!! As his nut sack began to tighten

The two old guys spun her around and she was now straddling one old fucker on the couch jamming his cock up her pussy. On the out bound stroke of his cock you could see a coating of cum glistening in the soft light. Shit, how many times had these dudes cum in or japanese sweet sex on my wife. Also, was this their first encounter? The oldest guy with the big dick began fucking he in her ass. She loved this and I didn’t mind watching.

Cecilie was wearing a pair of very short tights and a t-shirt and Julia’s eyes were drawn to her buttocks, moving rhythmically as she walked. They stepped out into sex videos the bright sun and, after a econd of adjusting her eyes, Julia spotted the other two.

The cutting him off she said, “You mean that little ole me did that to you just because I’m wearing a simple bra and panties!?!” free asian sex videos now he was growing delirious, and all he could do was nod, while his stare shifted from her huge chest down to her bushy crotch!!

Both guys were ready to cum ?C my wife begged for them to both cum in her gapping pussy. Somehow Mr. dirty dick worked his cock in her cunt. Shit, this was crazy and she was bucking like japanese sex showteenage girl getting fucked for the first time. Within a few minutes both guys let go of massive loads.