The Dirty Wars of the Americas

This is all over the front pages of the Dutch newspapers this morning, the headline on the AD being:

“Proud of death flights”

It turns out that pilot Julio P, who was cleared by the AIVD (Dutch Secret Service) back in 1998 to fly for Dutch airline Transavia used to do a good number on free accelerated freefall courses over the South Atlantic in a Lockheed Electra back in the day.

And he was rather proud of this and has no regrets, and didn’t mind telling his copilots about it.

“We threw people out of the aircraft into the sea because they were left-wing terrorists. Actually we should have done it to all of them.”

“No one suffered, the terrorists were all drugged before they were thrown out of the aircraft.”

He was picked up under an international arrest warrant at Valencia airport.

As a little aside that makes this slightly amusing is that the wife of the next King of the Netherlands is Argentine, and there are… “questions”… about the role of her father during the Junta years

This topic is not related with the section in wich is…

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9927

Again and again and I keel telling this…does really somebody want to discuss the argentine dirty war ? is okay not my favorite topic but I wont shy away from any conversation. But please put that in the correct section, do not mix it up with the fooklands.

thank you.

Argentina’s Dirty War does not have sufficient interest to rank with some other wars as a war in its own right elsewhere on the board (although that could change if there is enough discussion to warrant it), but in deference to Panzerknacker’s concerns I have retitled Man of Stoat’s original post and merged PK’s post above into a thread for future discussion of that topic.

And I’ve moved it to the Cold War forum, since I do have an interest in the revolutions, civil wars, insurrections, etc. of the period…:smiley:

Thank you moderators, I looking forward to see what else could bring to the conversation Man of stoat, not just a single loosen news.

If I remember correctly, he has a very young stoatlet in his household, so is unlikely to be about much.

So he has a Boy of Stoat? :slight_smile:

My condolences to the little fellow.

I’m unclear as to whether it is a boy or girl of stoat - he’s only referred to a stoatlet.

Stoatlet, though not related to M.O.S.’ offspring.

stoat.jpg