The Führer’s personal photographer, Hugo Jaeger.

Is he still alive–Jaeger, of course, not Hitler? For some reason, in all my reading, I missed following up on him. I always assumed that Heinrich Hoffman, who introduced Eva (‘Evi’) to Hitler ('Adi’), was Hitler’s chief photographer. Now it turns out that Jaeger was the one following Hitler around, apparently up to the end, snapping away.

A while back, History Detectives had a segment of a guy finding a canister of film–in color. I recall Winifred Wagner, the composer’s daughter-in-law, greeting Hitler for the annual Bayreuth Festival–and there was this other guy in one shot–who may have been Jaeger. Does anyone remember seeing this?

Now that my curiosity’s aroused, although the Internet has a plethora of things about him, it all seems to be virtually the same. I’d like to know when he was born and if he’s still around and kicking. He apparently was one of the few photographers during the 1930’s who specialized in color photography. I was impressed with a lot of his work, which was resurrected and sold to Life a few years ago.

Given the fact that he took a lot of amazing photos (from a technical point of view at least) there’s almost no info available about Hugo Jaeger. AFAIK he’s supposed to be dead (e.g. German Wiki says he died after January 1, 1970:rolleyes:), however there are no dates known…

Since I just read English, and a smattering of Spanish, I might have missed his birth and death dates. Hopefully, someone can give me a lead.