The "Führer's" Mercedes re-discovered?

The “Führer’s” Mercedes re-discovered?

merc770.jpg
photo: dpa

Is the car on the photo really one of Adolf Hitler’s?
A German car dealer allegedly re-discovered the vehicle owned by the dictator.
According to the certificate it’s a “Typ 770 Großer Mercedes” in dark blue. The car -internal designation W07- was according to the Mercedes company the largest and most luxurious model by Daimler-Benz of that era (200 hp, in-line engine, 8 cylinders with compressor support).
A Russian billionaire ordered the German car dealer with the research for this particular car which is now stored in the German town of Bielefeld before it eventually gets sold to Russia.
Allegedly the Mercedes survived the war without a scratch. Via an automobile museum in Las Vegas the car ended up owned by a man from Munich. His widow now sold it to an independent gentleman from Bielefeld.
The unknown Russian billionaire is going to have “W07” transported to Moscow together with 5 other historic cars.

i had always heard his car was in a canadian war museam?

i heard the same thing but from that photo i’m convinced that is hitlers car

Hitler had several cars. I saw the one in Ottawa.

Although he used some Horch and other cars Hitler certainly had a fondness for Mercedes. Technically these weren’t his cars since he didn’t have a driver’s license anyway.
The vehicle displayed at Ottawa is another Mercedes-Benz 770 btw.

You are certainly right. State leaders nowadays don’t own the car they use as well.

About some few things he was simply right.
:rolleyes:

With a Führer’s salary he surely could afford it…:wink:

Like in:
“How much do you earn in a month?”
“Well I’m the führer, I earn the right not to pay for whatever I want”

That might be ONE of his cars, like previously posted he had many cars.

Hitler bought his first Mercedes Benz in 1925 and had essentially been a loyal Mercedes fan ever since, though he had a few Auto-Union cars in-between his 9 Mercedes Benz vehicles. In 1938, he bought the Mercedes Benz 770K, which was the largest MB car to date, coming in at 20 ft in length. The 770K was powered by a supercharged 8-cylinder 350 horsepower engine, which is powerful even by today’s standards. In 1941, he ordered two more 770Ks, customized to have bullet-proof glass and armor plating, causing them to weigh more than 5 tons each. These two new 770Ks had a fuel (in)economy of 3 miles to the gallon.

In 1973 a 770K that was erroneously alleged to have been Adolf Hitler’s was sold for $150,000.00.