The German betrayal. Like the Third Reich ruined Italy by Erich Kuby

The German betrayal. Like the Third Reich ruined Italy, by Erich Kuby

With this book, the famous German journalist and history writer Herich Kuby reconstructs the history of relations between Hitler and Mussolini, between Nazism and Fascism, showing how Nazi Germany in all matters of the utmost strategic importance (the relationship with Stalin, the question of Danzig, the entry into the war, finally the betrayal of Karl Wolff and the German forces in Italy that surrendered without informing the RSI) has systematically deceived the Italian ‘ally’. Using mostly unpublished documents of great drama, Kuby provides a new assessment on the relationship between Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany swepting away many clichés of previous historiography.

I know about Erich Kuby’s (once nicknamed “Germany’s left-wing conscience”) work but never felt the urge to read it since Kuby chose to ignore Italian military failure in both her arbitrary actions in south-east Europe and North Africa.
BTW, Kuby -an embittered, demoted former Wehrmacht soldier, died in 2005 in…Venice.:wink:

… died in 2005 in…Venice.:wink:

Der Tod in Venedig

:smiley:

Why was he demoted? Just for curiosity… in some cases it could even be a merit…

Not too much details available but he was sentenced because of a misdemeanour during guard duty.
Maybe he caught some z’s…

“German betrayal” sounds funny. I would like to see rather the book called the “Italian betrayal” of GErmany:)Ilthought i don’t beleive its proper to talk about betrayal in international relation of allies.