The impact of war on communities

My name is Bradley Peters, and I am currently a student at the Virginia Summer Residency Governor’s School for Humanities. As a part of my course on Cultural Borders and Boundaries, I am doing a project on the effect of war on communities, and I am currently seeking experiences of past and present times about how war has changed the community at home. I am specifically looking for perspectives regarding family in service, the influence of the media and your percieved differences between the media portrayal and the truth, the portrayal of political and military figures (i.e. Uncle Sam) as a form of propaganda (along with other forms of propaganda), separating the ideologies of war from the individuals at war (i.e. separating the Nazi ideal from the German fighters or separating the Bush ideal from those individuals fighting in Iraq), and personal stories regarding changes in daily life, local economy, personal security, et cetera. I welcome any addition to the above as well, as well as any questions regarding the topic or my class in general.

Thank you.

First of all welcome on this board!

As for your request I hope that American members will try to help you.

Edited: Mate, because you edited your post should I edit mine by deleting American?
On your next post please remeber that you have to specify the reason for editting.