The Man of Steel!

Post any comments on our latest troll: Hero and Generalissimo of the Soviet Union, Marshal Stalin!

He is entertaining, been following him a bit, I’m surprised that he isn’t taking personal credit for winning the entire war all by himself, using his captured German time displacement machine, the Zeitblatzgerat :mrgreen:

I’m a bit perplexed by his English. Seems much more like a reasonably well educated native English speaker than someone using it as a second language from Russian, unless he’s about the level of a Russian diplomat, translator, or high level teacher of English. Have a look at #44 http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/14766-The-role-of-the-USSR-in-World-War-II?p=194028#post194028 Apart from the absence of capital letters to commence sentences, which suggests he’s part of the mobile phone text messaging generation, his spelling and punctuation is considerably better than about 80 to 90% of native English speakers. He even knows how to use apostrophes, which puts him in the top few per cent of current native English speakers. As for using a word like ‘boorish’, it’s not in common usage and most people have never heard of it. I think he’s considerably better educated than his stupid posts suggest.

His IP address is in Moscow, so maybe he is genuinely Russian. And genuinely stupid and a genuine troll. Or maybe a native English speaker living in Moscow, or using a Moscow ISP.

It’s like he’s channeling a couple of our more celebrated idiot trolls of the past.

The bloke is a classic, and highly unoriginal, troll.

As usual, we all know how this is going to end.

Only question is: When?

Any time you’re ready, his postings today show that he is a Troll with a morbid fascination for Stalin, or very ignorant (though very likely both ) and does not seem to be willing to change his ways, nor is he at this point very entertaining.
His comment of this morning does not sound very “Russian” to me. Quote: “for gosh sake why?.. my point is corroborated by all the numbers and statistics of the WWII which are there for everyone to see.”

6853025_f520.jpg

He was too busy secretly operating his T-90 and SA300 in Ukraine to do so… :slight_smile:

Good points. His logic is classically circular, terse and redundant. But then, so is my “logic” :mrgreen:

He does refer to WW II as “the WWII” a couple of times, but agree he has an otherwise good command of conversational English. As for Logic, I try not to use it, gives me headaches. :wink:

That actually would not surprise me, he’s the right kind of scrambled for that. A further note, I gave His exulted highness a warning this morning, so he’s up to two.

Seems our new friend has decided to take a break, he went AWOL after member Kregs put him in his place in the thread “Poles who survived Siberian death camps ~ The 1500” And in honor of his hiatus, I offer this lively tune… http://youtu.be/BVWfqOSdzs4

I give MoS a warning and he presses on.

TG gives him a warning and he pisses off.

TG, you the man!

Russians are always afraid of American tankers and being in the sights of their M68 105mm ban hammer :slight_smile:

I have my days I s’pose, but I’m thinking it was his general frustration at not being allowed to pull the itchy, Red collectively produced wool over our, and in particular, Kregs eyes. He has been lurking a bit, so maybe he will try again. RS*, your questions for him to answer might have scared him off too. (very well pointed questions they were.) Nick’s comment about being perfect for the job of leader of the Soviet Union was perfect as well. You guys tied his laces together, I just gave him a wee nudge… If he does return, and tries to continue as he had been, we can send him to the Gulag of the Banned.
:mrgreen:

I miss him!

Don’t be too downhearted, FTG.

The vacuum left by MoS will probably be filled by the return of troll survivor aly j
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/15059-WWI-100-Years-Later?p=194130#post194130

Coincidence or not?

Just had a quick look at aly j’s early posts from 2008 and now. English much improved, perhaps reflecting educational progression from early adolescence to early adulthood over the intervening 6 or 7 years.

Look forward to seeing anything that matches with MoS’s English usage.

Then again, I’m probably just being unduly cynical, not least because early on in MoS’s posts I wondered if he was an earlier troll whose name I couldn’t remember, which recent posts reminded me was aly j.

He/She also had another active profile under the name Gott m1t Uns. He/she stated that was unable to remember the log-in for Aly j. I banned GMU. Also asked him/her to change present Angel Avatar to something more military. I noticed that Aly’s English has gotten better. (perhaps just more sober)