The Master

The master… for so long… for a couple of years or so…

So…? your point and/or intended discussion is ?

Oh what ugly soviet soldier from middle asia?:slight_smile:
And what nice german guy near him:)
Just imagine like those “middle asia subhumans” soon will f…k the gremans woman in 1945:)

My point? I feel like I want to break his jaw. That is my point. Though I am not proud of this rage of mine…

P.S: Maybe this thread should be moved to an other section.

To whom do you want to break the jaw?
the GErmans guy or for the Middle Asia pows mate?
Do not worry so much about GErmans - even if he has survived - the fresh air of Suberia should clean his mind from any race hate ideas perfectly:)
He will love the last eskimos after the Syberia.:slight_smile:

Is this a ‘I hate German WWII soldiers’ topic?:confused:

Yes, it is kind of ironic when one watches this photo knowing the outcome of the war.

I kept thinking about that German guy: How did your face looked like when you were standing just like that 2 years later!?

By the way, the picture is most likely staged.

Not at all. It is “We hate nazism” topic.

P.S: Maybe this thread should be moved to an other section.

Agreed. Moving to the Photo research.

then we can all start posting hundreds of pictures…

what info are you looking for?

That is up to you.

what info are you looking for?

In this particular thread I am not looking for anything. I am sharing the info I have with the rest of my favorit forum.

Is this wrong in your opinion?

Without knowing the circumstances a picture presents, we can read all sorts of things into it, many of them wrong.

Captions don’t help. They’re just someone else putting their own spin on the picture.

Here’s picture of a Maori guard in New Zealand with a Japanese prisoner. The guard could be taunting a thirsty prisoner with a cup of water or about to drink his own drink or about to throw it in the prisoner’s face, or anything else you want to read into the picture from the relative sizes, positions, attitudes and dress of the two men.

no, not to me although it is very easy with almost every WWII picture to turn every topic into a ‘hatred’ topic. [and the picture is now in the “Photo Research” topic]

therefore we might get the idea that it is dangerous to post WWII-related pictures or moviereviews…

every German gun, tank, airplane, etc etc was meant to kill something/someone else…
[and vice-versa]

I must admit that although I collect WWII pictures there aren’t any kind of pictures like the one above in my collection…I collect WWII warpictures and not smiling nazi’s [NSDAP members] above a pit with corpses…

I once had a very angry guy calling me names because I wrote: “I bought myself a very nice secondhand book about the Waffen-SS”
He took is as if I said/thought that the Waffen-SS was “very nice

When I explained to him that I was talking about the book and the content in the book and NOT about the Waffen-SS as an entity he understood me and apologised for his reaction.

I’m not into flamewars so please don’t misunderstand me :roll:

It is ironic that the state that captured him does not exist while Germany prosper and veterans of the Red Army have only envied their German counterparts.

So I don’t see any reasons to gloat over it for the admirers of the Soviets.

Yes, some of them envied their German counterparts. But it is only because those “counterparts” did not win in the first place.

So I don’t see any reasons to gloat over it for the admirers of the Soviets.

Gloat? What are you talking about? Get your senses back !

circumstances… what could be disputed about the circumstances on that photo?

Everything.

How do we know that the terrible Aryan wasn’t assessing the medical condition of the prisoners and making sure they were fed half an hour later?

Or he might have had them on their knees on the edge of pit a couple of minutes later?

Who knows?

How often have you seen a photo of someone caught in 1/500th of a second that distorts what was really happening?

The photo itself tells us nothing.

Any more than this photo of a French soldier in WWI tells us what he’s doing, apart from stealing everything he can, right down to buttons off their collars, from the German prisoners lined up to meet his theiving hands. Or maybe inspecting them for lice.

Who knows, just from looking at a photo?

I hope you are nor bragging about the crimes of the Red army against the german civilian population.

Breaking the jaw to a person already dead ?, ha, good luck with that.

I think the picture shoulndt be called “the master” but “the tragedy”, is never amusing be a prisoner of war, if you was soviet prisoner in german hands the thing became gloomy and if you was prisoner of the Waffen SS ( like this picture) the thing is definately tragic.

The same happened in the other way, the SS men prefered to shoot themselves before being captured by the russians.

If someone think that is something comic or funny in the picture …well, there is no any of that.

The problem with photos is always that it is a snapshot of a fraction of a second, and does not reveal the context, or emotion of that moment, or of preceeding, or subsequent moments. much as taking out two random letters from this post, and trying to construct the rest of the text just from them. Unless the weapon, or fist is doing the deed in that fraction of a second, it sadly. proves nothing…

Funny!? That is bloody not funny at all.

I signed it “The Master” because that is how, I THINK, that SS guy felt when he participated in that staged photage intended for the nazi propaganda.