The Pegasus Bridge

i have just finished reading this book by ambrose on maj.howards drop on Dday and the preperation of it, as most of ambroses books i recomend it to anyone who like WW2…:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So why the rolleyes?

I’m reading this now and am thoroughly enjoying it.

But I think I’ve seen criticisms of it here before…

I also enjoyed this book. A very easy read and fairly short compared to other Ambrose book’s. The background of Maj. Howard and the other’s was very interesting. And you can’t help but fel sad aboud Den Brotheridge who seemed to have it all,but died a hero.

I have read this book twice now and i have to say it is fantastic. It was a shame that the Army basically let them get wasted like the way they did after all that training they had been put through… just like in the book they could have pulled them back to the UK to prepare for another coup de main op and who knows maybe they could have had another successful capture?

By the way when Wally Parr fired that AT gun into the maternity hospital down the canal trying to get the sniper has anyone found any info if he actually killed any civilian in error there? Thanks.