The Russian "Die Hard", the Klimenti Vorozhilov tank.

Thanks Egorka for the tasty information. unfortunately i forgot to bring with me the KV book that I have to do some scans, maybe tomorrow.

This is the picture I want to show, it is a experimetal KV-2 with a F-39 antitank 107mm gun, that was installed because the misconception of the germans footage wich made delieve that they had heavy tanks in 1941, in here the KV-107 is doing some test with Stalin in sight.

Just a little more info on the topic:

http://www.wio.ru/tank/kv.htm

KV-2 Pictures

Hope you like the pictures Panzerknacker.

Nice, the KV-2 seems to be a magnet for the Leica cameras of the german soldiers.

Here a profile of the KV “Mercyless” posted early by Egorka.

Until his destruction in combat in 1943 this tank was credited with the destruction of 12 german tanks, 4 antitank guns, 2 field howitzers, 7 mortars, 4 heavy Mgs, 10 trucks, and 2 buses.

An awesome amount of casualties done by the exact tank Panzerknacker had posted. By any chance do you have anymore info? Like on famous KV tank groups or certain tanks that you can post? That goes for anybody who has info on this great tank.

More info about that tank ?

Not really just a picture of the killmarks painted on a side of the turret.

And it was not THAT awesome, was importat yes, but no that big.

Ok, well I was wondering if anybody could tell me any KV-2 tank squadrons. That is what I was looking for. Everything else was a little something extra that would of helped me out on understanding the KV-2 tanks a little better.

Other profiles of KV-1, this time a KV-1S ( s for “fast”) wich participate in the encirclementh of the german 6th Army.

Picture from: “Kv-1 and KV-2 Heavy tanks” 1940-1945, Steven Zaloga.

A very funny image of a panzer crew arming some KV-1 models for identification. Is good to remember that the armored units soldiers in WW2 had no the benefits of Google, Altavista of the latest Osprey “New Vanguard” collection. :rolleyes:

Interresting - if i am not too tired to see this right, there is written ‘I. Kompanie’ with chalk on the Tanks’ turret.
So was it captured? If yes, hadn’t those vehicles equipped then with German Commandant Coppulas? - Or it was just ‘fresh’ from the Battlefield/Production site/Transportation captured …

Regards :wink:

Probably those were recently captured, and are “fresh” from the front.

In here you can see a captured KV-1 with Pz III cuppola and even Panzer IV kanone (long) in 1942.

Were the KVII used as tanks, or SP artillery? seems an awfully large turret , and short tubed gun for a tank…

The KV-2 “explained” to the german infantry, training video, probably late 1941.

http://video.google.es/videohosted?docid=-1693033010928476738

KV-1S versus Tiger tank, a story from the Kursk battle.

Probably those were recently captured, and are “fresh” from the front.

In here you can see a captured KV-1 with Pz III cuppola and even Panzer IV kanone (long) in 1942.

Don´t think the picture came with here… but what´s going on with the German KV-1´s tracks?

Is there an estimate for how many KV´s that were re-armed by the Germans?

The number of captured KVs must be around 200 but not all were put again in running conditions, the 22 of june of 1941 the Red Army had 508 KV-s all tipes of wich about 80 % were available to the front service.

Panzerknacker, what book is it from?

KV 1 and KV 2 heavy Tanks, Osprey New Vanguard 17.

Gracias! :slight_smile: