The Saboteur

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/saboteur/index.html

Interesting French Resistance game here, open world combo of Assassins Creed and Merceneires but in Occupied Paris.

The story doesn’t start off as the player been involved in the war, he’s an Irish race car driver named Sean Devlin in Germany. During a race a driver named Kurt Dierker cheats and shoots out one of the tires of Devlins car causing him to lose and Dierker to win, Devlin and a friend named Jules decide to get revenge by destroying Dierkers car and get caught in the act which leads to Dierker been revealed as SS. Dierker kills Jules then leaves with the intention of returning and killing Devlin who escapes. During the eascape the invasion of France happens. The story then picks up in Paris with Devlin been approched by a man from the resistance.

The game is done in an interesting way, German areas are in black and white bar the Nazi flags and arm bands which are in a bright red, once the player has completed the main resistance misson for that area it will turn to color.
Same deal as Assassin creed with climbing buildings, sneaking around and assassination moves, all fun but the sneaking doesn’t work properly in this game. Merceneries style in the driving cars, rob them if you want and you can find the odd panzer or armored car lying around as well.

Hystorical accuracy, yeah well it kind of fails here but i think that is also done on purpose. I didn’t pay attention to the time lin but i think the Paris part starts off 3 months after the escape from Germany and with in a few missions you will find your self equipt with an mp44 and unless the Germans were able to fool history and station tanks bigger than tigers with 2 guns in the Paris country side then that’s another less that historical attribute.

Over all a fun game.
Pc, Ps3 and 360.

too much fantasy in this game in my opinion .

well main character is based on real person,who was in french resistance,but surely it is not history accurate.

but still a good game

Has its moment, fun at first but no replay value what so ever.