The traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall

I just wanted to share some photos I took of the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall.It was in Bakersfield,California today March 5,2010.The hardest part was seeing people that were emotional paying their respect,myself trying to hold back seeing their pain.I don’t personally know anybody on the wall.I know of a person’s name from my hometown of Union City,Ca.In my childhood in the late 70’s I used to play at a house where in the garage was a parked car.They told me it was there Uncle Jesse’s who died in Vietnam.That car stood in the garage well into the 90’s till the older brother started to restore it.

Finding Jesse Sanchez on the list KIA Nov 20, 1967

Me after paying my respect to Jesse Sanchez on the wall.

Some photos of the trailer museum.

Thank you for posting this, rudeerude.
Even out here in NZ I know a couple of VN veterans. I’m one of very few either man ever speaks to of it, and then only rarely.
My Respects to those who Served, both Fallen and Returned home alive.

The following words are said aloud, every April 25th, The Day NZ remembers the Fallen of Wars NZ Military Personnel have Served in. April 25th is ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand Army Corp, from World War One.) :

“They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun, we will remember them:
We Will Remember Them.”

• Binyan.

(Known as “Binyan’s Lines” From a poem by Lawrence Binyan, WW1.)

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

We don’t have one of those, but we do have a rather good static one, which is where I was yesterday. http://www.vietnamvetsmuseum.org/vietnam-museum-highlights.asp

The website doesn’t do justice to the holographic diorama and numerous displays of memorabilia, documents, kit, uniforms, equipment, weapons, vehicles, photos, and information.

This thing has been around for a very long time, now.
It is a very good thing.

It was in my town years ago and a group of us spent a lot of time helping folks find names and listening to their stories.

Lots of families and old folks who can’t get to DC and many vets as well.

I think there is more than one,