the US unbeatable?

do you guys believe that any single country could complete a successful invasion of the USA. and if so, could they control the country in the years to come?

I think that is completely impossible, the same to try to invade Russia and China. These countries have excelent military forces, and if they would in a extreme situation, they could start launching nuclear weapons to the invader.

And of course, no country in the world could win a war to the United States as “visitors”. The US showed that they can win too far easily… at home the situation would be more favourable to them.

No single country at the moment could succesfully invade the US, but I doubt any single country could succesfully invade China, Russia or the UK either (including the US).

The Nuclear Game - One
The Nuclear Game - Two
The Nuclear Game - Three
Very strongly reccommended reading - this guy really knows what he’s talking about.
Edited about 5 times for being unable to type.

i think Russia can be invaded, only because of there vass border lines

but the European side of Russia like Moscow and St Peterbourg, i think would be impossible to invade

alas, no single nation could invade USA

probily a combined like France and England, or Germany and Russia could invade USA, but no single nation can

Its happening now! The second largest population in the States is now Hispanic.

In another 100 years possibly the language of the US will be Spanish?

Invasion does not have to be military sometimes you have to look at the longer view.

Invasion does not have to be military sometimes you have to look at the longer view.[/quote]

True, for an example look at the Albanians in Kosovo.

Invasion does not have to be military sometimes you have to look at the longer view.[/quote]

True, for an example look at the Albanians in Kosovo.[/quote]

Exactly correct, used to be a minority, huge birth rate and hey presto, its their country now.

Firefly, remember that not only one country is hispanic.

The inmigrants in the United States are, the most of them, from:

Argentina
Chile
Uruguay
México
Cuba
Perú
Paraguay
Panamá
Puerto Rico
Costa Rica
Guatemala
Antillas
ETC
ETC
ETC
ETC

I’ve never been to any of those places - have to brush up on my Spanish and get some visas soon.
:wink:

ETC is the spanish reduction to “Etcétera”, or “Et Cetera” in the english language.

I knw mate, I was just making an observation about how a country can be subtly invaded.

Yeah Eagle, we do use the same abbreviation.
I meant it as a joke, hence the smiley.

Interesting question.

The civilian population of the United States is to well armed so my vote is NO..I dont think it could ever happen.

No thats not possible ,US have prefect military power ,and all citizen will fight answer is NO.

lol, let me rephrase my question-do you guys think that a single countries military could successfully invade the USA?

Again NO. But there are very few countries that could be invaded without help.

Observe, without haveing a pop, Mogadishu. How could American lose? Yet they did.

If the locals don’t wont to give it up they wont lose until the last man is dead, and that is a sort of war no modern country wants.

I would send in infiltrators to create an anti-bush organisation (in the current time) and then allied my self with them. Once we’ve burnt all the Bush lovers on a fire, we can either smash our one time allies or we can look for another natural split point.

Uruguay?,they have low inmigrations in the USA,their preferred place to emigrate is Australia.

Im agree,argentina has ± one million of persons in new york! (for ex my cousin).

I think that china can beat the usa,with some good luck,but i hope that will not happen,i don’t want to speak chinese or to live in a MacDonald if they both have a war! :shock: .

china would never be able to invade the US. they might stand a chance in a war over neutral ground, but even then they would probably lose. the US is just so much more technologically advanced then them…

This is a bad attitude to have.

Is this the general attitude of the US public.

It seems to sound like Might is right, what we say goes and if you dissagree you are wrong.

Maybe we should look to history for nations that thought this, Greece, Rome, Britian. They all had vast Empires for their day, but at some point it all comes falling about your head.

Althought I wont be here, and neither will all of us. I dont believe that in 100-150 years the US will be the worlds dominant power.

Things change, even faster than they did before. The resource war may well be looming and it may not be fought in any conventional sense.