**** this site and the ******* who owns it

Have some pride emmanual and shut it down you slumlord ****…nothing works, and I can’t even post a ****ing thread anymore. Sorry your investment didn’t pay off, not really actually…

I did contact him, and described the problems, he responded that he would work on it all. I’ve not heard back concerning any repairs, or present status of the system. I’ll try him again this weekend.

Maybe I drunk rage posted a bit but this is really getting old, even spammers don’t wanna post here because they can’t anyways…,. :mrgreen:

Only took four logins to post the above… :evil:

Maybe I drunk rage posted a bit but this is really getting old, even spammers don’t wanna post here because they can’t anyways…,. :mrgreen:

Only took four logins to post the above… :evil: I realize that messageboards are no longer worth much in the age of social media, but with a bit of work this site could at least break even…

I agree, everyone has gone off somewhere, not even a half decent Troll to play with anymore. There are usually a fair number of guest types on the Site, but very few members. Some do check in now and again, but not much for posting anything. As you say, the social Sites are soaking up the people now. I half expect that one Day, i’ll find the site is gone altogether. “Let us sit on the ground, and tell sad stories of the Death of Web Sites…”

I mod a Van Halen related site, sadly our biggest boost in traffic in years came on the heals of Edward Van Halen’s death. I took it much harder than I would’ve ever thought…

Hey, sorry about that! Hope the new site is better.

Did you take this back from Procyon?

Still the same owner :slight_smile:

Didn’t you (meaning ww2admin Nick) like sell off to Procyon way back when? Not trying to pry, just curiosity.

This is Procyon.

No, I never owned the site. I can’t recall his name but I think it was a Nick.

Yeah, I was meaning the other Nick.

What happened to the old forum? It get trashed?

I liked the older setup, easier to get around. Except had too many bugs over the last couple years. This one, you really have to look around to find stuff. :frowning:

The previous forum software despite it being paid software was swiss cheese in terms of security. The gallery software hadn’t been updated in years which is also why the site wasn’t getting fixed. This new site is using Discourse for the forum and gallery (single login vs two logins previously). If you have any specific feedback, I’m more than happy to take it to the web dev to potentially have it implemented.

2 Likes

Gotcha. The old forum was rather bad towards the end, with double posts and potential not-posts and log outs and maybe log ins was a pain in the arse.

I like what you’ve done with the place. I’ll get used to all the newness. Just glad its back up and running.

1 Like

Search should also be much more robust now. Give it a shot!

Hello, Admin,

I can’t post any image for a long time.
Today I noticed that I was deleted as member from the site.
Ok, I signed up again but still I can’t post anything.
I hope it’s just a technical problem.

Hi, I am not 100% sure what happened as I was told all users were transferred over - apologies for that. What error are you seeing when you try to post? It is working on my end.