This site is ****ed

Much as I like it, I haven’t bothered looking at this site for a few days because I don’t have the patience to navigate its terminally ****ed up display and useless attempts at being a forum which allows members to participate when in reality all it does is present endless obstacles to participation, starting with the most ****ed up display since - well I was going to say the the Commodore 64 from the dark ages, but, unlike the display here, it actually worked.

This post has been provoked by, as with other wasted efforts, me wasting about an hour responding to a very good piece of research by Egorka at http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?13787-Sitemap-Fixed&p=187099#post187099 which post duly failed to appear when I submitted it with endless attempts.

It is a disgraceful and magnificent piece of disrespect to Egorka that his careful and undoubtedly time consuming work cannot be responded to because this site is ****ed at the most basic level, and has been for the short time since I came back after a long absence.

If the site owner can’t be bothered fixing up these long standing and worsening problems, I shall resign as a moderator and have nothing further to do with this site. Which doesn’t matter much, as nobody else could be bothered having anything to do with a site which can’t be read and doesn’t function, but at least I can waste my time on something worthwhile like organising my sock drawer.

EDIT: O, Goody. This posted. Pity my lengthy and considered response to Egorka’s valuable post didn’t.

I miss my Commodor 64.

I don’t know what the deal it with the massive script errors, but the site is alternately fine, then after a few clicks it all goes to hell…

:lol:

Moving the the Feedback forum…

Its usually always hell for me…

Stiff upper lip now Churchill, :slight_smile:

Lol, that’s why I keep coming here.

I hope, and I’ve been wrong before, that things seem stable and haven’t melted down yet after lots of clicks today…

Front page worked for me, but after that nothing…

You’re lucky.

Sweet FA works for me.

Nobody would put up with this site’s shithouse service for more than about fifteen seconds on a retail site, and they’d never go back again.

There is no reason to make this site immune from such normal consumer response.

Fix it up, or everyone will **** off.

And I’m about ready to **** off in the very near future, because I can’t be bothered trying to navigate a site which would have been an embarrassment at the end of the last century and has no excuse for being so shit now.

I wanna say things a more stable and I haven’t had the site script-fragment yet. But it usually does after I say that…

Hi! First of all I’d like to apologize for the delay in fixing things. It all started with the update to the latest version of vbulletin. The theme files were changed which broke the compatibility with some of the plugins. Unfortunately the forum software doesn’t seem to react to changes as quickly as I’d like most likely due to caching. After the update I did a test and it worked fine, however after a few hours everything seemed to have fallen apart which I didn’t notice until a good 24 hours later. Instead of deactivating scripts I updated them thinking that that would fix the issue. Again I couldn’t see changes until much later. Due to the sheer number of plugins, it isn’t exactly easy to find the culprit and not every plugin had an update. Long story short, I’ve been trying to fix it, but it’s been a real pain in the butt and never wanted it to last this long.

Glad to know you’re doing something about it mate. Just… Kinda hurry up please :smiley:

It should be all good now.

Not for me, no…

^That.

Thank you sir. I am aware that any changes can be a pain in the *** as prior experience with vBulletin has shown…

It’s good for me for a while, then seems to disintegrate…

Yeah, it’s the same here.

This is driving me nuts. It seems to be fixed, but then I check later it is broken again.

can you guys still confirm it’s broken?