Transit - new film about WWII

Look here:

http://context.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2006/07/07/101.html

It is a real pity that no one will be able to see this movie.

Lancer44

I’m sure a flight to Russia will be included in the ticket price! I assume it will end up on a DVD if you do want to watch it. Looks ok, shame about the sub plot, love affairs tend to spoil war movies.

Hi Tiger!

As long as flight will be any airline but not Aeroflot, I’m ready to go.
Yes, you’re right regarding love plots in war movies, I still have hicups after Pearl Harbour. It was horror…

Have a good weekend mate,

Lancer44

it will eventually come out in bittorent, if you really want to watch it and yet find no way to buy it!

I have seen this film month ago.
Nothing espesial.
In the basis of film the romantic stories of soviet pilots with … american female pilots which drive the Airacobras to the Syberia via the Aliaska.
I can’t simply imagine the more stupid scenario :wink: :slight_smile: Who will belive that americans sended the girls-pilots to the extremaly danger transit via the Syberia.
I’s sory to say but ufortunatelly today the russian WW2 cenema is crap.
The 20-30 years soviet pictures were much better.
All what they could to shot today: The “true” about GULAG, mass killing of german prisoners , and a “stupiduty” of soviet high command. What’s a great motive for the fight.
Who will wath this “masterpieses” after one year ( i don’t tell about 10-20 years after).
Obviously we need the new generation of patriotic WW2 movie, which could be useful young generation.
There are a lot of examples for this movie look just to the Stalingrad battle- the a lot of personal heroism and self-sacriface.
I like the US regard to patriotic movie. USA hadn’t a lot of cruel battles in WW2 like the Soviet army did, but americans could to make a great movie about the any battle of WW2 . Look like to the “Saving privat Rian”.
But our idiots ( i mean derectors of film) made the film about “romantic relations with american girls-pilots”. What’s nice.

BTW if you wish to watch this film in russian i could to get you the link to download from Krasnodar FTP-server( 700 Mb mpeg). Just if you wish.