Unknown anti-aircraft gun

Found this photo in 2 diferent sites with the only mention that it’s an Italian anti-aircraft gun captured by the Allies on the Western desert.

Does anyone have an idea of what gun it is or if it’s really Italian?

Cheers

I’m a bit dubious if that’s really an anti-aircraft gun - no sign of a traverse mechanism or the ability to fire at very high angles. This is a contemporary Italian anti-aircraft gun (cannone da 90/53) of about the same calibre - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/El_Alamein10.jpg/800px-El_Alamein10.jpg . Note the very different carriage.

I don’t think that this is an anti-aircraft gun either, but I thought it was important, as a starting point, to mention any information found alonside the photo, even if incorrect one.

I just noticed that there is an Italian Carcano carbine on the right, leaning against the gun, so the gun must have been in Italian service, at least.

Cheers

Looks like this but stowed in position for movement.

Cannone da 75/46 C.A. modello 34

3038959017_31eb99113b.jpg

I believe you’re right, downwithpeace. It never occurred to me that the gun could be in a transport position instead of deployed and ready for combat. Tks for your help.

Cheers

Neutral