Unknown U-Boat Emblem / Shield

I am hoping someone out there can help. I recently came into a u-boat photo album from Gotenhafen sometime during the war. I am trying to figure out what u-boat this is, names of crew, officers, and anything else I can. The only problem is - the emblem - a chinese dragon, no one seems to know what it is. A friend believes it is an early Type IX training u-boat (it has the yellow stripe on the conning tower). If I read the diagrams correctly, it seems to more fit a Type VII as there is only a forward deck gun and one just aft of the conning tower center the railing. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am hoping to gain the full story before posting the album to my website.

Thanks!
Eddie

Uboat Crew..jpg

Thoughts on it being the U-71 or U-982?

U-71 had a White and Red Dragon Emblem. Though I’m not sure if it is the one you have there. I have info on it’s commanders,crew and patrols if you need it for U-71.
As for U-982 I am unaware of it’s emblem at the moment. Though I do have the names of 14 of her crew members and her commanders.

Actually - I have scored a breakthrough. The glue that holds the images together is just as bad as the album and it is possible to see the backside of many. I went through them all and ended up finding 3 with writing and they all have the date - Gotenhafen, December of 1942. Now to narrow the search.