US marines(proletariat super-soldiers)have a 10-1 kill ratio

ironman’s claim is a 10-1 kill ratio for the marines throughout history

Your killed/wounded compared to enemy killed/wounded is your kill ratio!

Battle of Okinawa

US
18,900+ killed, 38,000 wounded + 33,096 non combat wounded

Japan
76,000+ soldiers killed and 27,000 soldiers civilians killed, 7,455 surrendered/captured (2,300 Japanese)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okinawa

Battle_of_Iwo_Jima
US
7,000 dead,
19,000 wounded

Japan
21,800 dead,
200 POW

Battle of Guadalcanal
US
1,492 killed, 4,500 wounded

Japan
15,000 KIA,

Chosin

US and UN
2,500 dead, 192 missing, 5,000 wounded,

China
25,000 dead, 12,500 wounded,

Nowhere do i see a 10 to 1 kill ratio

[u]

only in vietnam, and iraq did the marines had higher then 10 to 1 kill ratio.

Nice post with nice references. I would only say, dont get sucked in, this is the effect h is looking for.

It turns us away from our ww2 debate and gives him weird satisfaction that he is setting our agenda.

Nevertheless you have proved that using his variables Chosin was not the hardest battle of all time.

In fact Chosin was a defeat for the UN.

firefly, pm

Hosie, you too.

can we share in your PM wisdom?

It’s a rule that no PMs are to be posted in a thread or on this site, unless an admin or mod feels that it should be posted.

It’s a rule that no PMs are to be posted in a thread or on this site, unless an admin or mod feels that it should be posted.[/quote]
I have a better idea.

what about,the guy who sent the message decides if it can be public or not?

It’s a rule that no PMs are to be posted in a thread or on this site, unless an admin or mod feels that it should be posted.[/quote]
I have a better idea.

what about,the guy who sent the message decides if it can be public or not?[/quote]

Unless its a troll , and the PM sender and reciever agrees is should go public then i agree with you mate

No it’s not.

You are allow to post pm in public, but you have to first cencor out the swear words on your own before doing it
or you will receive 1 warning.
http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=189

Appologies :oops: It seems like the rule went by and I never noticed. Anyway sorry, continue.

the rule has been done,TOPIC FINISHED im afraid,

sir tiger,you are a mod,explain why there is a thing called “privacy right” (or how you call it in english).

im afraid the rule has been done,and it will be unfair to make public a private message,because,then you will not have posibility to have private communications.

also it is called “PRIVATE MESSAGE”.

if you don’t like the rule,then do posts in the forum,they are like public messages.

Done

The rule was changed Erwin, so its no longer a rule. PM can be posted as long as swearing or rudeness is blanked out.

changed?

oh my god,that’s the most stupid thing i ever heard in a forum!,now the private messages are public messages?

WHY DO WE NEED PM,ITS BETTER TO POST ON THE FORUM NOW!.

who did this damn retarded rule???

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18061#18061

NEW RULE

You are allow to post pm in public, but you have to first cencor out the swear words on your own before doing it
or you will receive 1 warning.

It was issued by you, Erwin! :lol:

Edited: What happened with you Erwin???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i was that idiot! omg,i will never post drunk again!

:lol: lol nice Erwin :wink:

I would say -

‘Hoist by your own Petard’

No more, no less…

GOOD LORD. First of all, you are listing other deaths as KIA’s. KILL RATIO. Do you understand the term? KILL. BTW, KIA means KILLED IN ACTION. KIA does not include wounded or death by disease or frostbite, get it? Furthermore, your figures include other forces. I spoke of the USMC. I did not say Army, Navy, Airforce, or Boy Scouts either. USMC only. Got that?

Ok, now that you know what that means…

Korean War

US casualties: 37,000
Chinese causlties: 500,000

13.51 to 1 kill ratio

Wonsan, Korea, North Korea
USMC KIA: 700
Chinese KIA: 25,000

35.71 to 1 kill ratio

Chosin Reservoir Campaign, North Korea
USMC KIA: 2,500-4,000
Chinese KIA: 25,000-40,000

10 to 1 kill ratio

The reason for the variances are difficulties in counting bodies during battle. The above figures are good estimates and reflect the maximum and minimum figures provided by both Chinese and American sources.
This much is true: 10 Chinese divisions (100,000 men) were virtually decimated by the 1st and 2nd Divisions of the USMC. Approximately 1/4 or more of those men were KIA.

Okinawa
Japanese KIA: 150,000
USMC KIA: 19,500

Colonel Joseph H. Alexander, USMC
http://www.nps.gov/wapa/indepth/extContent/usmc/pcn-190-003135-00/sec7.htm

7.69 to 1 kill ratio

Iwo Jima was the only Marine battle where the American casualties exceeded the Japanese.

USMC KIA: 26,000
Japanese KIA: 22,000

-1.18 kill ratio

Guadalcanal
USMC KIA: 1,592
Japanese KIA: 14,800

9.29 to 1 kill ratio

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/72-8/72-8.htm

Of those individual battles which you cited, the average kill ratio is 12.50 to 1 of them combined and divided by 6.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Bye bye now.

Rorke’s Drift: 351 zulus, 15 British (not including the 2 who later died from wounds) - 23.4:1