US Navy Strength

The US Pacific Navy during WWII was not nearly as strong as the Japanese Navy.This was mainly due to the attack on Pearl Harbor which greatly reduced the size of the US Naval Fleet.Our Pacific Fleet only had two air craft carriers.

Yes, you won, no sense rubbing it in other people’s faces.

Didn’t you already make this post in another thread you started?

The US had a two ocean navy, and was able to draw forces from the Atlantic as the Royal Navy could cover to an extent. I believe, the US Navy was also on the verge of seeing the fruits of a major building program at the beginning of the War that started with the peacetime expansion of US forces in 1940…

Most of the battleships at Pearl were older anyways and were relegated to shore bombardment not long after they were raised…

Is it just me or was there absolutely no question or point of discussion in the first post?

You’re right. And since this wasn’t the only senseless thread started by this particular (ex-)member he was given a vacation.

Really? What other (senseless) thread did he start?

If you care to see, go to his profile and look under statistics (Find all threads started by…). However you will only see the threads that weren’t immediately deleted by the staff.

Only one thread, on “your favorite aircraft carrier,” was deleted. And it was a “soft delete” so I can bring it back if anyone wants…

Ya, I want to see it brought back please. Since you offered to bring it back, I want to see it. When can we see it? I don’t like censorship. I want to see it. Where is it? How long do I wait before I see it? I;lll check back later. Please undelete the aircraft carrier thread. I like Aircraft carriers but I never get a chance to read up and learn about them, because SOMEONE (not mentioning any names) keeps deleting the stuff. I want to learn about aircraft carrier5s…life is so cruel sometimes…:frowning:

Jeez Herman, calm down. Give them some time to do what they need to do.

There are some threads regarding this topic in the archives, since your requested one didn’t offer anything new it was treated the way it was. Use the “search” option and ask for an existing thread to be re-opened if needed.