any more i left out i know i left out alot so could yall tell me

Colt.45 Pistol
M3 SMG (Grease Gun)
M2A1-7 Flame thrower
Bazooka (not really a gun…)

ok thanks man

is there any more

Thompsons are awesome automatics.

yes thompsons are good automatics for close range but the BAR is much better for long range

M1 grand is not bad .

what is the dif in the M1 grand and the M1-A1 carbine

M1-A1 Carbin is just a smaller version of the M1 Grand aint it

Do a search of the site and you’ll find long an vehement arguments about the nature of the Garand and the M1.
To summarise the Garand is a full-power self loading battle rifle shooting the .30-06 round from an 8 shot en-bloc clip. The M1 carbine was a second line (similar to a modern personal defence weapon) rifle shooting a shorter, thinner “neckless” .30cal round (basically an elongated pistol round) from a detachable 10 or 15 shot magazine.
The carbine mechanism is very similar to (it’s based on) the Garand but because it does not shoot the same round it can’t be said to be just a “smaller version” in the way that the Lee-Enfield No.5 IS a smaller version of the No.4.

ok thanks alot man

I heard somewhere that not everyone was fond of the Carbine when they had the option for an M-1. They said it wasn’t that great of a shot and whatnot and that when they had the chance they’d turn it in and try and get an M-1 or use their Colt.

I heard somewhere that not everyone was fond of the Carbine when they had the option for an M-1. They said it wasn’t that great of a shot and whatnot and that when they had the chance they’d turn it in and try and get an M-1 or use their Colt.[/quote]

one of my grandfather’s men was shot 4 times with a carbine when he was clearing a house in the ardennes offensive and LIVED. "(albeit, wounded)

if you get shot 4 times with a m1 you will die/or bleed to death.

the carbine has a bad reputation of not penetrating very thick clothing.

Just to be picky in the military “Guns” are large things with wheels. Weapons carried in the hands are small arms. :slight_smile:

Well the M1A1 Carbine was mainly for paratroopers anyways, with their folding stocks and light weight.

Guns should be smooth bored whereas Rifles are rifled.

The M1 Carbine / M1 discussion has all been seen before, sadly some of you missed out on the amusment!

Yes paratroopers used M1A1 Carabine ,and M1 Grand .

Ah, a traditionalist.
I like it !
:wink:

but what about the Chally2? thats got a rifled barrel?

Now Im confused!

and Howitzers where do the fit in the grand scheme of things?

As i said before guns are big things with wheels.

To be fair 2nd, guns are an either/or jobby.

Either a matched pair used to take a brace or three of pheasant with, or something one tows behind trucks to knock seven colours out of en psns with.

I will grudgingly accept that Cuts :slight_smile: but point you to my first post “in the Military” :stuck_out_tongue: . When I saw the topic I thought of artillery not small arms, and was a little disappointed. :cry: