US Tank Models

Hello folks!

Maybe some of you do not only read books about WW2 issues and vehicles or search the endless web for differnt information on that interesting topic but also are interested in modeling or models of such AFV. Some years ago I built some tanks and AFV mainly from Tamyia and Revell with all the stuff around (weathering, detailing etc.), but now time became a bit scarce, so I dropped this totally.

But I just thought it is nice idea to post pics of your built or factory-built models here. I hope it`s okay for you if we concentrate only on US types only (tanks, AFV, jeeps, trucks, figurines, guns etc.), so there will be no great confusion.

So I got to start then: This is a 1/32nd plastic model of the US Light Tank M3 Stuart (the Brits called it HONEY, how sweet), a quite good model (factory-built) from the company 21st Century/Ultimate Soldier.

So, gentlemen, it is up to you! :wink:

Regards

Jens

Check out my model on this forum it is under topic Modelling vork of Strina Croatia in the Off topic militaria

Oooooh so I guess it’s time for us to get a modeling section going?

cool am going to start soon and cool model

Oooooh so I guess it’s time for us to get a modeling section going?

:slight_smile:

very good idea, i guess. as some sort of “undersection” here it would sure be an enrichment for this wonderful forum.

jens

Very good modelling Flammpanzer. Like you I do not have the time to model anymore, but if a Modellers Section were introduced I might be forced into building that Tamiya Panther G or late model Sherman.

Once again good work.

Regards digger.

thanks actually, digger. but I have not built it myself, it was a factory-built model. there are still some areas that could be provided with additional detail, like the road-wheels or the tracks. the 21st century models are ideal for everyone who has no interest in building models but wants to have some good models of WW2 vehicles.

jens

I noticed that the gun barrel was a bit drooping? A nice model, even if it is pre factory manufactored.

cool idear about the model page but all the ones i made have gone, the only photos i took was with a 35mm camara and i got no scanner.
hope this does come soon if not you can go to http://missing-lynx.com/ then Gallery, then pick the ones to look through they are real real good.:cool:. thats the stuart of which a few types were made but i never knew they too had the headge cutters on them i mean they were made 1942-45 so of corse they could have, so thanks for the photo of that cos its the first iv seen with the headge cutter on it cool.

… okay, not a real WW2 tank, but the design ideas for this light tank appeared by the end of WW2. the M41 walker bulldog was put into service in korea and later in `nam, but never was a great success due to a thirsty gasoline engine and the resulting short range and the weak armor. although it is a nice model from 21st century in 1/32nd scale, factory built. I just added some detail like the color for the optics and some more mud.

jens

Ha! Not a great success? It’s still in service (albeit with numerous upgrades, such as a much less thirsty diesel engine pack) with many smaller armies as a versatile light tank. In fact, several were prominent in the coup de’tat in Thailand recently…

well, the americans in special were never very satisfied with that tank. that the taiwanese (and other) still use this old iron must not be a sign for it`s true value - maybe they have not enough tax-money to spend for their home defence? :wink:

jens

the M24 chaffee - a nice little tank from ultimate soldier in 1/32th, factory built. maybe not a good tank when in direct encounter with (most) german armor, but a quite fast machine that fulfilled it`s roles well. I think the M24 inspired the us army to order the M41 walker bulldog - another light tank you can see above as a model and in “real”.

jens

Well, the US Army seems to have little regard for light tanks. However, third world countries, where the bridges and roads are lacking, smaller tanks are ideal and are far more efficient and economical to operate. I believe this was found to be the case in Bosnia…

Besides, you don’t need to use Leopard IIs when your armed forces most significant actions seem to be coup d’états…:slight_smile:

Nice models

here is an M-24 kinda small but a lot of fun to look at used these and M-41s as targets at diffrent times on Gunnery ranges at Graff and yakima

Brigade HQ 1973.bmp (295 KB)

Heres an M-24 at my old post Ayers Kaserne (the ROCK) used many of these and M-41s as targets on Gunnery Ranges at Graf and Yakima

Brigade HQ 1973.bmp (295 KB)

Nice models

thanks. but please keep in mind that all displayed models here are just factory-built. I have no pics of my older models I built myself. this was all in the “pre-digi-cam” phase. :wink:

here is another nice model - obviously not a tank, anyway it is cute.

a curtiss p-40 fighter from the us army air force in the colour scheme that was used in pearl harbour during the japanese attacks. metal die cast in 1/72th from unimax “forces of valor”.

the outer appearance is a bit “dull”, but I like the clean finish much. you can also remove the panels from the fuselage in the front to view the fully detailed, pale blue allison V-12.

jens