USS Pueblo Crew Reunites

JERICHO, Vt. — Ralph McClintock expected only a three-week mission when he boarded the USS Pueblo in January 1968.
Instead, he and his shipmates became pawns in a Cold War sideshow when North Korea captured the Navy spy ship and imprisoned its 82 crew members. Some still suffer the physical effects of torture or malnutrition they suffered in 11 months of captivity.

[story](http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418141,00.html)

brings back memories for me. we were in Yokuska Japan when it was taken by force. we stopped there for R&R before heading home. we had to remain over there another 2 months. god what a mess.

looks more like a fishing boat

In regards to this…ill relate my dads story.

Not too long before the USS Pueblo was seized my dad was flunking out of college. His draft number had already been picked. So my grandfather (WW2 vet) told him that he need to join before he gets drafted. Main point if you join then you have a choice but when your drafted you dont. So he joins the TX Air National Guard. Which hasnt been activated since WW2. Thinking his time was going to be totally easy…didnt happen. 3 days after he joined the USS Pueblo is seized and expecting possible N. Korean aggression Johnson activates the unit. For the next 18 months (after boot camp) my dad was in S. Korea…which at that time was not the most pleasant assignment…but was probably better then Vietnam. Funny thing is that he was an aircraft electrician but still cant figure out how to hook up is VCR/DVD player. :D:D:D

college students had a motto back then. score high or die. :mrgreen: