Valiant!!

Just saw the Disney cartoon Valiant. It’s main premise was to give a general audience an awerness of the contribution made by animals in WWII. the movie centers around a British carrier pigeon force, the RHPS (Royal Homing Pigeon Service). The movie is very entertaing if you let go of all the COMPLETE historical accuracy. There are some great animated Avro Lanchaster’s, RAF jeeps, and a Jagdpanther. The movie is great for kids to watch with their grandparents. The bad guys are German Falcons characters that hunt the pigeons who work in tandum with the French resistence. Very fun and entertaining movie. I gave it 5/5 stars. Others who have different perspectives or tastes may hate it. I find a movie like this refreshing from the strickler of hostorical accuracy. I could pick apart Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers (Even Ambrose’s historical errors) but I allow the movie’s creative lisence and freedom of expression. The movie boosts WWII awareness among a very wide age range so that’s even better. JUST GO SEE IT!!!

You created another room identicle to this room called Valient!!, and i have deleted it.

My appologies. I’m new and really haven’t seen previous posts. I only check recent ones. Hope this doesn’t cause a problem.

Not at all mate, no need for apologies :wink: :smiley:

Has anyone seen this one yet??

In just saw Valiant with my son. It’s hilarious for the adults (like a German Falcon humming “Flight of the Valkyries” while in the shower). A liitle too much bodily noises for my 5-year old, but he liked it, specifically the “dog fights.” Of course, his favorite “Daddy” movie is “Battle of Britain”, so there you go. BTW, I thought that the bomber in the movie WAS Avro Lancaster, but why does it have a B-17 nose???

OK, I’m blushing. It was Handley Page Halifax.

Maybe Walter should stick to drawing mice :lol:

No, no! it was MY mistake. Halifax’s nose DOES look like a B-17. But it was definitely Halifax!

I have seen it, and it is good that other species as in animals actually took part in the war, and that people have not forgotten them.

Very good movie for the lil ankle biters to understand of what happened.