Want to help add captions to American WWII photos? Read this.

Hey, is anyone interested in adding captions to the American photographs on this website’s photo gallery? I have a lot of various equipment photos that need a little more identification than the standard “soldier with gun” caption. My knowledge is limited, so I’d prefer to let someone else write the captions for stuff that they know more about than I do!

I am looking for someone (or some people) to handle the following albums:[ul]
[li]USAF[/li][li]US Army[/li][*]US Armor & Vehicles[/ul]PM me if you’re interested and I’ll tell you all about it. This is not a paying job, but I can give you stuff that people send me (books, models, etc).

I am good with most of that stuff…

I could do it, I have a pretty good education of WW2

count me in i’m a bit of a ww2 buff myself and hate it when photos are miss labelled

I know my ww2 US planes right off the bat! ,I’m ok with armor and weapons though.

my life is world war 2. although i do europe mainly, i am ready for anything though.

I contacted you several times about this and have corrected many photos you have mislabeled, an note to the wise it’s better to leave a photo with no caption than a false one…

Now now, I think you should talk to the new admin, for I think this one either changed his name or gave his admin powers to some else.

I would be happy to help, though I am relativly new to the site so look like a bit of a newb. interests are around the M4 Sherman (Mainly British variants) and US Airborne divisions, plus a general overall knowledge. No expert, though I have picked a few things up over the years. Thoughts?

Stuart

Once again I am willing to correct many many of the American Photographs, to many people screw up photo information. Even imagine this, the Army itself!
I know for a fact that many of the Omaha Photos are mislabeled as far as the paticular Compnay’s are concerned as in the Photo of men in the clamshell on fox green this group has been called everything from 29th Div to M co 16th IR to L co 16th IR in fact it was elements of all of the above including members of Second batalion 16th Navy beach batalions Armored men U name it.

I even heard a story from 1st Div vet that there were members of K co 505 82nd AB right above the beach (as he spent the evening of 6th June with them in a ditch.) and one down in Fox Green all who had been dropped early, I know for fact that D-Day Fox Green Easy Red history is flawed, so even the Army photo labes are wrong in some cases.

I will admit my Knowledge is limited to the 16th IR 334th TD bat and 741st TB and 67th Chemical Mortars as far as History is concerned, and the german Units whom they fought against. But after many many years of living in the ETO and interviewing many many Veterans I have aquired a good general knowledge of equiptment tactics and the truth of the war.

What you read in most books is a glossed over Army propoganda than anything else, and generally far from the whole story.(Got to keep up the Moral!)

IE. one platoon of 82nd Ab was given credit of preforming the one and only bayonet charge in all of WW II, I sincerly doubt the validity of this as I know Grandfathers men fought hand to hand with bayonets and handgrenades to save Dawsons ass on Dawsons ridge (Aachen) because they were 10 men 1 MG to cover 200 yards of line when attacked by over 300 german troops and 4 Tanks, needless to say 238 germans (27th Fuisileers attached to 116 Panzer div.) were killed in the maylay by bayonet grenade,rifel, mg fire, Mortar fire and artillery fire that he called in on himself after realising that the second salvo of 4.2 in would come to late.

Every history book about Aachen mentions the fight for Crucifix hill but not the troops supporting the attack and fending off the german counter attack from one direction but also fire from the city itself. very few stories haver ever been written about the Big Red One in WW II I hope to change that. Also Note that H company was a heavy wepons company therfore the batalions history is their history especially when reference to the “batalions heavy weapons” is concerned. Also make note in Aachen Gramps was opconned off to I co this is the time frame when he was in Command of Samule Fuller who was at this time in 2nd Platoon I co the unit Grandpa was attached to.

So in my opinion historical statements like they preformed the only bayonet charge or such hold no water with me, And research research research before labeling photos!
get my Point?

So hows them appels?
get in touch with me.

So get back to me.

Sign me up for Armor/Vehicles

I’ll be glad to help.

Guys, you’re necro-posting in an ancient thread that was started by the former site owner two years ago.

Ya. Me too!..I want to help too!..Include me too!..I can’t wait~~~:army:

Archiving…