Wanted! Photos of Russian Volunteers in Manchukuo Forces

Hi,

I am looking for photos of the Russian volunteers in the Imperial Manchukuo Army. There is one I have seen so far on the forum

and there is an illustration in one of the Osprey series, which is my avatar pic.

If anybody has any more photos I would be very grateful to see them, or pop them on the photos section and I will see them I’m sure.

Also, there is a general thread on the theme of Russians in Manchukuo service on the Japanese Forces section of the Forum, so if anybody has any general information, please pop it on there too.

Kind regards,

I don’t know about photos, but here is the short documentary about Baikal cossacks in Manchguria. The essential part of White Syberian cossacks has emigrated to the manchguria after the defeat of the White forces in Civil war in Russia.

Thank you Chevan. Although I don’t speak Russian I did enjoy the footage. Would you believe it, I read through 100 pages in the Japanese section of the photo section and found the 1 photo I linked above. Then, on page 102, there were 3! :oops: I should have stayed up later and kept looking! :lol:

Want to wish you good luck in you searching. For the while, i may to show you some of related cossack photos in Russian Internet for more careful investigation.
http://www.google.ru/search?q=фото+казаков+в+маньчжурии&hl=ru&newwindow=1&sa=X&biw=1040&bih=892&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=K4xTTszYEYKBOt7SnZ8G&ved=0CBwQsAQ#hl=ru&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=казаки+в+манчжурии+фото&pbx=1&oq=казаки+в+манчжурии+фото&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=776863l789769l0l790074l60l54l7l27l1l2l525l5862l2-4.3.6.2l17l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=38eaf1dd9ddf2721&biw=1040&bih=892
The most of the matter are not directly related to topic, but you still may see manies of cossacs photos and scenes of their civil’s live there.

I found another one interesting matter, regarding the theme.
http://periskop.livejournal.com/711533.html
The photos of cossacs, chinas and locals are very interesting. All of photos i have never seen before.

This is excellent again Chevan. I am very grateful. Have you any idea what the European man wearing the “C” armband is? Is he a Russian officer of the Manchukuo army? His uniform almost looks American to me…but then I am something of an ameteur.

do you mean this photo?

Well this is the real americans:)

Ahh…now I think I understand…American Expeditionary Force and White Cossacks during the civil war?

Exactly. The shot was dated about 1921 or 22. American forces in Russian Far East controlled the cities of Vladivostok and Khabarovsk. The Ataman Kalmukov ( cossack’s commander) with guard has meet the american delegation.