Warsaw uprising

Would anyone have any idea about the three people in this photo.It was taken during the warsaw uprising and im asking purely from a historical point of veiw ie did they make it out alive ? The face of the woman far right really moved me, especially knowing seventy years after the fact how the allies failed badley in warsaw.

Warsaw_Uprising_by_Tomaszewski_-_Warecka_10.jpg

They are:
a beautiful girl (that’s why she moved you as you say :lol:)
a man with moustaches
a kid.
:smiley:
Just joking of course… I think it’s very difficoult to find the name of three people after 70 years. I don’t know how much is known or famous this pic in Poland: this fact can help very much. If you’re really interested, you have just one way: veterans associations or historical institutions.

yes i agree shes very beuatiful… thing that struck me with the majority of images and photes from this horrible time in world history heres one that shows she appears happy… even if it was for a short period

The girl’s name is Wiesława Reiff “Sława” . That mate in a helmet is Tadeusz Rajszczak “Maszynka” - both of “Miotla” Btn, “Radoslaw” Rgt. There is another pictures that boy, where he looks like a girl, I’ll post it when i get home (I’m at work and web access is limited). The picture was taken after several hours march through city’s sewer system from Krasinscy Square to Warecka Street in Śródmieście district, early morning on September 2, 1944.

The picture taken after several hours march through city’s sewer system from Krasinscy Square to Warecka Street in Śródmieście district, early morning on September 2, 1944.

Left to right: Tadeusz Rajszczak “Maszynka”, Kazimierz Gabara “Łuk” - not confirmed, Mieczysław Lach “Pestka” - all from “Radosław” Regiment, “Miotła” Battalion

Thank you !! atleast shes got a name :slight_smile: id seen the 2nd shot but didnt realise its the same lad.Any idea of their fate ?

Wiesława Reiff “Sława” - no info found
Tadeusz Rajszczak “Maszynka” - died 1996-03-26 in Warsaw;
“Radosław” Regiment- “Miotła” Battalion- “Torpedy” Platoon - volunteer, joined his unit on 6th of August at Wola district. After “Miotła” was disbanded, still served in “Torpedy” platoon which was transferred to “Czata 49” Battalion.
Left the city with the civilians.
Kazimierz Gabara “Łuk” - “Radosław” Regiment- “Miotła” Battalion- “Torpedy” Platoon - After “Miotła” was disbanded, still served in “Torpedy” platoon which was transferred to “Czata 49” Battalion.
Taken prisoner by the Germans - no further info found
P.O.W. number - 223.123
Mieczysław Lach “Pestka” - no info found

source: www.1944.pl

It’s amazing to ready this, if someone is still looking for info I knew her pretty well so maybe I can answer some questions