What are the chances...

What are the chances of changing my user name? student-scaley doesn’t really reflect me well anymore and I was wondering if I could change it?

I’ll have a bash - any preferences?

No joy - whatever Mod powers are required, mine are insufficient…

Only an Admin can change your username I’m afraid.

Send the boss PM.

Is the boss still Gen Sandworm? I was thinking something like Weekend Tankie or Iron Hussar.

Procyon is the site admin/owner. PM him, but be prepared for him to take a little while.

I can change it no problem, however, I don’t want to receive a flood of requests, so I think we need to have a rule such as: Account must be older than 2 years, maximum of one name change allowed.

Can’t say fairer than that, well i’ve been a member of the site since 2005. Could I please be ‘Iron Yeoman’

all done.

Well, I can certainly say my username ISN’T indicative to me LOL. I picked it out of the air while joining a Van Halen/David Lee Roth music site only to get live, unreleased MP3 bootleg downloads, not to post, and ended up a mod there…

So what are you saying? You want a name change as well? :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno. I think like others from Buffalo who hate the ad hoc name they’ve chosen, aka The Goo Goo Dolls, I might be sort of stuck with it… :slight_smile:

Ta very much!

The name-change issue is one reason I retained the “Uyraell” moniker.
I had several dozen “user names” in IRC chat, years ago, most had been either gifted or result of various discussions.

However, so to express it, “an old Love returned” namely, Poetry.
After a pause amounting to two decades, my love of poetic expression reawakened.
I wrote, and published as ^Uyraell^.
It so happened, some folk expressed doubt in that I was, under the moniker then in use - “^Spectre^” - doubted as being that same ^Uyraell^.
In IRC it is an easily tracked process to change nickname.
However, I tired of continuously changing nics to prove my point, that I am, in fact, ^Uyraell^.

Thus it was, that I decided to retain the ^Uyraell^ nickname permanently. And so: ever since, I have been either ^Uyraell^ or Uyraell, according to whichever online community in which I maintain membership.

For those who may be interested, PM me for the link to the poetry. I’m very uncertain as to the rules of posting a non-commercial and essentially personal link in open forum.

Kind and Respectful Regards gentlemen, Uyraell.

Iron Yeoman: Warm congratulations on a well-chosen nickname.
I like it . :slight_smile:

Kind and Respectful Regards Iron Yeoman, Uyraell.

Vielen danke!

Bitte, du bist wilkommen :slight_smile: