What are the laws in your countries for collecting ?

What are the laws in your countries for collecting for WWII items ,I have heard that you fellas in Germany cant collect anything ? What are you customs laws for shipping WWII related Items to the USA?

Err, we can collect anything freely except wpns and ammo which require a permit.

In NZ the only restrictions on collecting are firearms & ammunition. For that you need a licence, and then it is un-restricted.

Some items like bayonets are a restricted import, so you’ll need to get an import permit to bring one into NZ.

it can also be very difficult to get sword canes, I wanted to import a 19th century one but it proved too difficult to get it into the country

Can you collect them in UK if they are disabled?

Well in Texas you can have a kajillion (figuratively speaking of course :wink: ) guns and the government wouldn’t care. Just as long as you don’t have fully automatic weapons, or concealable weapons, you don’t need a permit. I think you have to have a background check before you can buy a pistol, but I’m not sure.*

My friend, who is 15, has 9+ firearms in his possesion. They’re not his dad’s or his mom’s, but his. He has them on a rack in his room.

*This is to my knowledge, I might be wrong, but this is what I’ve obsvered so far.

Lemuel did you apply for the import permit or did you get talked out of it? All you need to do is write a letter with the reasons for wanting the item and to show that they are genuine (like an antique collector etc). It doesn’t hurt to try, I’ve not had an application for import permit turned down at the NZ side.

You might want to look up the laws in the USA, I believe there is a federal age limit of 18 on buying guns. Legally your friends guns probably still belong to his parents.

Also I’m pretty sure that Texas is a MG friendly state, so you can own full-auto firearms there.

In Greece firearms and ammo are prohibited to collectors unless disabled.

Edited for typo.

You might want to look up the laws in the USA, I believe there is a federal age limit of 18 on buying guns. Legally your friends guns probably still belong to his parents.

Also I’m pretty sure that Texas is a MG friendly state, so you can own full-auto firearms there.[/quote]

You’re right about the technicality of who “owns” the guns. You have to be 18 to buy rifles/shotguns/ammo for rifles/shotguns and 21 to buy pistols and ammo for pistols. I only said they were his guns because his dad has a completely different collection that is his own personal collection.

I didn’t say fully automatic guns were illegal, I said you need to have a permit to have one.

• I live in USA in one of the states from the “South” [Dixieland] and here we have no restrictions collecting military stuff. The government does trust me to own a bayonet, pistol or rifle as long as I have no legal problems [not to be a convicted guy for certain reasons, not to be illegally in USA and a few other things]. Each state from USA has different laws and California [or I should say “Kalifornia”] has more restrictive gun laws, the same in New York City. The residents of some states cannot buy legally box magazines with a higher capacity than 10 rounds. The same with the live ammunition, some states have restrictive laws. Like I wrote above, each state is different. Orita 12/05/05

Yep, have a look in tha back of Gun Mart all sorts of deacts. Not for much longer though, the Divine Leader (may-a-thousand-breeze-blocks-be-upon-him) has ordained that anything that looks like a gun is a Bad Thing and is to be banned.

EDIT: BTW DerMann does your friend have these weapons secured in any way? If not he deserves shooting!

Yep, have a look in tha back of Gun Mart all sorts of deacts. Not for much longer though, the Divine Leader (may-a-thousand-breeze-blocks-be-upon-him) has ordained that anything that looks like a gun is a Bad Thing and is to be banned.

EDIT: BTW DerMann does your friend have these weapons secured in any way? If not he deserves shooting![/quote]

The airsoft community is making a big deal about that too, good luck with that.

He has his shotguns and rifles locked up in a rack on his wall and his pistols in his dad’s gun safe.

Looking to buy items from anyone over seas ,Military stock sets etc.