What does everyone do for a living

Me I am a Iron Worker ,Out side everyday either I am bitching that it’s too Hot or Now I am Bitching that its too cold
I have been doing this for the last 13 years ,its starting to get old .I think I need a office job

I’m a mechanical engineer, should get chartered in a couple of years time.

I have my own retail business.

I mooch off of my mom for the time being.

:lol:

I don’t work, just have to study at school :cry:

Film Maker

I am a patent Examiner working in the field of mechanical watches.

That reminds me of something I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while. I had to do some patent searching at work (possibly the most boring job I’ve ever been given - right up there with stagging on at 2am) and the search reports that accompanied the patents really confused me. The majority of the reports were clearly linked to the original patent, but every now and again I’d find what appeared to be a totally unrelated one. The one that really sticks in my mind was finding a patent for the mirror system in an SLR camera referenced as relevant to an application for a specific type of bearing. Is this some kind of patent office joke, or was this really thought to be relevant?

That reminds me of something I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while. I had to do some patent searching at work (possibly the most boring job I’ve ever been given - right up there with stagging on at 2am) and the search reports that accompanied the patents really confused me. The majority of the reports were clearly linked to the original patent, but every now and again I’d find what appeared to be a totally unrelated one. The one that really sticks in my mind was finding a patent for the mirror system in an SLR camera referenced as relevant to an application for a specific type of bearing. Is this some kind of patent office joke, or was this really thought to be relevant?[/quote]

If this was a US application, it’s quite likely they were being Mongs. If not, the devil may be there in the detail.

Patent searching the way we do it isn’t that bad – I have to process an awful lot of visual information very very quickly, which is a challenge. Those that work in other technical fields don’t have it so easy, although many of them don’t envy my position because I have to process visual, mechanical information which not everyone is good at. The search tools that we have are also significantly better than anything available to the public. This makes life significantly easier.

While we’re talking about US search reports, some of them can be utterly crap. I have even seen a combine harvester cited as relevant prior art against part of a mechanical watch.

I own a small wetsuit manufacturing business.

I’m a dirty smelly 'orrible student. Living off the state and scrounging from my parents! But on weekends i’m OCdt ‘yes sir, two bags full sir’ and a productive member of society. :lol:

Thinking about it, I’m pretty sure it was a US search report. I just couldn’t see how anyone could be quite that dumb without it being a running joke, but I suppose human stupidity is infinite…

Thinking about it, I’m pretty sure it was a US search report. I just couldn’t see how anyone could be quite that dumb without it being a running joke, but I suppose human stupidity is infinite…[/quote]

Yes, some of the US PTO’s work really is that pump. There is someone who works there doing electronic implementation of music who insists on giving his applications a classification which relates to mechanical gear work for watches! This forms a reasonable proportion of my classification work!

I sincerely hope that Tinwalt still lurking, says he will now be fuming about the British thug gang and their rampant anti-Americanism.:smiley:

I am a historical combat writer/editor mostly freelance these days but have been employed by print and websites before. Years ago I worked in the sale of grocery, candy, tobacco, health and beauty items for a distributor.

I am student ,all day study for school :lol:

I am a student

study alot, exams are up next week

Ha! My exams finished last Monday :smiley:
This week Tuesday + Thursday holiday in Spain. Wednesday(today) “bridge” and no classes. Monday had last exam. Friday I avoid going to school, no use since 1/2 school will be missing :lol:

I study criminal law and work as well.

I’m a computer programmer by day, write stuff for my own WW2 website by night, and beer drinker on weekends :slight_smile:

:lol: :lol:

Myself, I am a student, a self proclaimed exotic car appreciator, and WWII Militaria collecter and what not.