What is that hanging from Pz. I?

Hello!

Here is a puzzle for you.
What is that object attached to Pz. I?

A tip: it is not a transportable bee hive for having fresh honey for the breackfast.

Well if it not a bee hives than may be this is a special catapult? :slight_smile:
To drop the fired resin on the heads of enemy artillery gunners:)

No idea what it is as I know nothing about panzers.

However, the obvious possibilities are a mine clearing device to be used with the tank reversing or a lifting device.

It can’t be a mine clearer because it’s narrower than the track.

So that suggests some sort of lifting device, which suggests it’s got something to do with tank recovery. As it’s specifically designed, maybe it’s for a particular type of German or enemy tank, or maybe for lifting parts like engines.

The third possibility is that it’s used for pushing something over, like telephone poles?

The fourth possibility is that they’re observation thingies that can be elevated like a crow’s nest with a man in them to see without exposing the tank, though why you’d bother when you can stand on the turret is beyond me.

Am I even just a tiny bit warm on any of them?

The fifth, and most likely, possibility is that I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about. :smiley:

Piece of cake, it is a 50 kilograms explosive charge to laid on obstacles.

So the tank had to reverse onto an obstacle it couldn’t clear under fire?

How was the winch operated? I’m hoping it was from inside the tank.

Was the charge at risk of being detonated by enemy fire?

Indeed , the tank had to be reversed ir order to laid the charge.
More info check this topic.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=116677#post116677

What if someone shot at it?

Mr.Panzerknacker got it.

but the correct answer is still the one given by Rising Sun*:
The fifth, and most likely, possibility is that I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about. :slight_smile:

:mrgreen:

Ladungsleger is the correct name I believe.