What is the most famous pic from WW2?

Hope to start a poll soon. What do you think is the most famous pic from WW2? And/Or if you cant decide…what pic do you like the the best?

Probably the IWO JIMA flag raising photograph.

The Russkies on top of the Reichstag, or the photo of the 1st atomic bomb exploding over Japan.

Herbert Mason’s photograph taken from the roof of the Daily Mail building in Fleet Street in the early hours of Monday 30th December 1940.

Yes, Cash that is a pretty famous picture, it is in almost all of my WW2 books.

The picture of the Russian of the Reichstag building with the Red flag in his hand is one of the famous pictures like said earlyer.

This is also one of the most famous pictures of WW2.

The picture was taken from a RAF Spitfire on recon duty over a Norway Fjort where the Bismarck lay the day to paint away the cammoflage and to refeul the Prinz Eugen for their dash into the Atlantic.

Henk

The first one and the last one is the best of the three. What do you think?

Henk

Yes I agree.
I don’t know how many more photos were taken of the event though.

Too look ath the pictures is quite sad becuase I think the Germans at last saw that the proud nation was at last defeated and in ruins and now they are about to enter a new way of hell.

I think it must be the worst thin to witness wile someone plants their flag on your parlament building in the capital of your country.

What do you think?

Henk

Those on the roof of the Reichstag were taken the next day. IIRC they didn’t actually reach the roof until after dark the day they captured it.

Seriously! I think to look at the photo is excellent because the Germans can see that the Nazis are gone to Hell and a new world can begin that does not involve killing people because they are deaf or dumb or Gay or disabled or Jewish or Black or Poles or Slavs or Gypsies… I can go on…

Treu, the battle for the Reichstag was fierce and they fought room to room to capture the Reichstag.

Henk

What is most interesting to me about the fighting in the Reichstag is the French SS Charlemagne Legion who were involved in trying to defend it.

I did not know that French were fighting for the Germans so late in the war. Hve you seen Downfall mate? If not it is a must see.

Henk

Yes, I bought the DVD of Downfall a couple of weeks ago. Great movie.
I also have Joachim Fest’s Inside Hitler’s Bunker.

Joachim Fest’s Inside Hitler’s Bunker. What is that about?

Henk

It’s the book that was used for the making of Downfall along with Traudl Junge’s Until the Final Hour: Hitler’s Last Secretary.

Oh yes I heard them talk about the book in the DVD speceal features.

Do you know about any pictures of Hitler’s bunker from the inside?

Sorry for being off topic.

Henk

Apart from the cover photo on the book I haven’t seen any others,
but others must exist.