What is this?

the minigun(?) thing, what is it?

A modeler’s fantasy?

It’s a multi-barreled rocket launcher designed to be an anti-aircraft system. Probably never made it beyond the proto-type stage. However I have seen a period photo of one in the rubble of Berlin (photo take after Soviet victory).

That was the luftfaust or fliegerfaust I dont remember well.

it looks like its got a scope?

Its the Fliegerfaust and Luftfaust PK, I just looked it up on google and it said that 10000 were made but only 80 were used and that it was only in service for 1 year

What did it shoot, exactly? And like someone asked, iwas it equipped with a scope.

It shot nine 2cm grenades in two bursts (delta-t = 0.2 sec). It was supposed to generate a 60 meter diameter target area in about 500m distance. The thingie on top is indeed the aiming aid, but it’s not a scope, just a metal sight.

Interresting - in this case you see again, that politics may change, but some things may never change really fast or if they change ever - today the FIM 92 Stinger is called Fliegerfaust 2 (i really like those names actually ^^)

Here Mr. Schmidt you can see a ‘Luftfaust’ or ‘Fliegerfaust’

It’s the Luftfaust B AA rocket launcher. It was actually deployed in small numbers in the defense of Berlin. Fired a salvo of 20mm rockets at it’s target. We sell several minis for wargaming of this rare weapon.

it looks like it was usefull

Interesting gun I never heard of it!
Luftfaust in the streets of Berlin after the war over

If somebody really managed to hit a low flying plane with these he was awarded this one: the Tieffliegervernichtungsabzeichen

Woah man, talk about the bigger the name the better the award.

Haha, I guess you’re right! Almost not pronouncable for non-germans, is it???