What is your favorite American tank?

well whats yours?

I’ll say my favorite is the u.s. sherman :slight_smile:

The Tiger Tank!!

:lol: Sir, stick to the topic or I will delete your post. Favourite American tank! :smiley:

I meant the captured ones:)

Roger, Sir!

Here is the captured one: :smiley:

haha :lol: Well regardless to say I agree with ww2admin, captured Tigers were the only slightly formidable force (one on one) against German Panzers.

well then you can tell what ever kind of tank you like i dont know wat i was smokin last night :lol:

Nothing In WW2…the M-60 later…

Those soldiers look quite happy to drive with Tiger :slight_smile:

well of course they captured it they probaly want to know wat it feels like to drive a tiger

The casted hull sherman…I just like the looks of it.

I vote for the Sherman because of its looks but there is no way I wouldve liked to have being inside one of those caskets if a Tiger was firing at me!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those Tommy Cookers didn’t have a prayer of a chance against a Tiger…but in the end, quantity proved to be better than quality.

i too just like the sherman for its looks.and a lot of shermans were produced in WWII i wonder wat happened to all of them

I like the chaffees because they are agile and had a relatively good fire power

i like the m5a1 stuart… with the shields… :oops:

the m19 looks interesting… but i dont think its in the tank section really.

the chaffees were my 3rd favorite

the stuart is a relativaly weak tankit’s used mostly for taking out infantry,scouting,and reconnaissance missions.

Excellent photo, I’ve never seen it and have wondered if the US utilized captured German armor to any extent.

I know the Germans used a lot of Shermans (in support roles)…

BTW, that’s a Panther, not a Tiger. Panther’s were much more practical, being designed as the rough equivalent to the Red Army’s T-34.

I wonder about how many german tanks were captured by the allies?