Whats up the President of Iran?

Thought this would be a good one to bring up…or maybe not! Personally I think the guy is a nut! I hope someone puts him in his place soon but dont think he is on the same level as Hitler.

I don’t like him but he isn’t as clever or evil as Hitler.

I voted for him, well some one voted for Bush so one more nut will give him company. :frowning: Comparing to Hitler is a bit steep at this time. :shock: Like Bush he is just another religious fundamentalist but he does have god on his side not just think he is. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can only be subjective if you step back and think why he is labelled a madman.

He wants his country to have nuclear power. Just like any other Western Country has the right to do? Is this mad?

Pakistan is a Muslim country and has Nuclear weapons, is Pakistanis Military Dictatorship president mad?

North Korea has stated that it has Nuclear weapons and yet the US has continued to provide food aid for years.

Israel has about 200 nuclear devices by some accounts and yet they too are supported by the US.

I dont think He is Hitler and as far as I’m concerned, I dont know enough about him to judge him. So is it to be Syria, Iran or both then?

In a country which burns a significant amount of gas off at the wellhead, there is no economic reason for it. He has also gone on the record calling for Israel to be “wiped off the map”. None of the other countries you cite have called for other countries to be wiped off the map.

So, a desire to develop nuclear power where there is no economic basis nor actual need, and a desire to wipe another country of the map. This strongly implies a desire to develop nuclear weapons to wipe said country of the map.

This is why he is considered mad.

Or is he just playing to the gallery?

You do have a point though, but as Firefly has pointed out if you have the bomb you have lots of friends and not many enemies.

Unlike N Korea he is an elected president and could be voted out so change can happen. I saw someplace that this is just a smoke screen to cover up the poor economic problems in the country. It was suggested that UN sanctions would follow and he could them blame the US (is there nothing they are not responsible for :roll: ) for his mismanagement of the economy.

Iranian elections are hardly examples of “free and fair” though, with the régime picking the candidates and everything…

Iranian elections are hardly examples of “free and fair” though, with the régime picking the candidates and everything…[/quote]

it would be more correct ot say “De selecting hte candidates”

In a country which burns a significant amount of gas off at the wellhead, there is no economic reason for it. He has also gone on the record calling for Israel to be “wiped off the map”. None of the other countries you cite have called for other countries to be wiped off the map.

So, a desire to develop nuclear power where there is no economic basis nor actual need, and a desire to wipe another country of the map. This strongly implies a desire to develop nuclear weapons to wipe said country of the map.

This is why he is considered mad.[/quote]

Lets not forget to add “that he denies the Holocaust ever happened” to his dossier.