What's wrong with ice hockey

Ice hockey, imo is the best sports fans could ever asked for, other sports such as soccer or basketball just cannot match ice hockey in terms of speed, intensity and toughness.

You ever saw a goalie making a great save from a 100 miles shot in soccer?

You ever saw big hits from defenseman in soccer?

You saw a player to skate from one end to another end in just seconds, breaking the defense and score on a goalie on soccer?

Now what i really dont understand is why it wouldnt get popular in a lot of places? what is wrong with the sports?

Mate, you live in Canada and you can enjoy ice hockey.
I live in Oz and here ice hockey is completely unknown and even ignored by the media.
If not satellite TV , I would be cut from ice hockey in US and Canada completely, not even mentioning Europe.

I live here 22 years and I still wonder how Australians can be so passionate about sport so boring like cricket…

Lancer44

:roll::roll::roll: A total fucking mystery to me…I know the americans have some real barn burners ourselves but cricket takes the gold home for most boring sport.

Anyhow Ice hockey is great but I think you really have to live in a country where you can get into it. I only got interested in it because I moved to sweden for awhile and now norway. Now ice hockey isnt as popular in norway as sweden but you still catch alot of games. Also I was never into soccer much either untill i came here. Both sports just arent that popular in my area of the country.

Having been to both Cricket and Baseball matches I dont think there is much diffrence in their pace of play.

I do like Ice Hockey though but its not the rage here it is in Canada. Not much if any about.

Actually i was quite surprise to know that more people watch the pokers game than the nhl game in the same time.

I used to play hockey not so long ago for my local team at Swindon. Ice hockey is getting more and more popular here in Britain, very much so since Sky started showing channels like NASN.

It’s a great sport!

this is a great application for the worst logo in nhl history, it makes a great wig for Rubble!

and this is my favourite team, the vancouver canucks! (canucks hater call it cansucks, but we call calgary flames as the Lames or calgary chokes)

I hated the logo, it only cost $200,000 to develop BTW.:rolleyes: But it is growing on me a bit. Still, they needed to go back to the classic blue and gold logo!

And remember these uniforms?

Possibly the worst in all the history of pro sports anywhere!

I used to play hockey, not ice hockey though. Now I play rugby.

you may call me a homer, but i do like those jersy. At least better than the current whale logo!

while one of the reasons that its not so popular is because you need all that equipment to play if you think about soccer all you really need is a ball and you can play,

here in the US Football and baseball are the most watched sports by FAR