When Running For Congress in America

One might want to buy the .org domain name as well as the .com one! :lol:

http://www.janecorwin.com

http://www.janecorwin.org

Nice…had to look twice!:smiley:

The first link is a shocking example of netjacking, distracting people from the true message in the second one.

Either way, I’d bang her. :cool:

She’s not bad, but way too uptight with her whole moralist, anti-gay thing…

The current front runner for the seat, Kathy Hochul, is a bit long in the tooth now, but was really hot back in her day…

BTW, they’re running for the seat vacated by THIS GUY!. And no, that’s not a joke of a spoof site like The Onion…

110209-LeeResign-hmed-427p.grid-8x2.jpg

Alas, these clowns are everywhere. Their common feature is that they’re religious zealots, whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim or whatever. Here’s our latest parliamentary contributor to tolerance. :rolleyes: :evil:

MP outrages gay constituent with child molester analogy
Michael Bachelard
May 8, 2011

ONE of Premier Ted Baillieu’s newly elected MPs, Geoff Shaw, has deeply offended a young gay man by suggesting that his desire to love who he wanted was as illegitimate as a dangerous driver wanting to speed or a child molester wanting to molest.

Mr Shaw, the member for Frankston, is active in his pentecostal church, Peninsula City. In his maiden speech to Parliament, Mr Shaw acknowledged ‘‘the original owner of the land on which we stand - God, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of the Bible’’.

In early April, tertiary student Jakob Quilligan emailed Mr Shaw, his local member, to object to the government’s new anti-discrimination legislation.

The legislation, tabled last week, will renew the exemption that religious organisations have to discriminate on grounds of religion, sexuality, marital status and gender, even in their commercial businesses, hospitals and schools.

In his letter, Mr Quilligan told Mr Shaw that churches should not be allowed to ‘‘impose their beliefs on others … in non-religious/mainstream or secular settings’’.

‘‘I’m 20 in a week. I’m able to vote. I want to work, live and love freely during the course of my life, and I want to do that without thinking that I can’t,’’ he wrote.

Mr Shaw replied the same day, quoting Mr Quilligan’s line back at him and adding: ''What if I loved driving 150kms per hour in residential areas?

‘‘What if there was a convicted sex offender who stated that, or a child molester? Can they still do what they want? Under your statement the answer is yes. What if one wanted to get drunk, take drugs, steal and murder? What if one loved this? Can they also do what they want without thinking that they can’t?’’

He reminded Mr Quilligan that welfare organisations like the Salvation Army, Red Cross and Brotherhood of St Laurence all had Christian backgrounds, as did many hospitals, and that ‘‘nearly all’’ private schools were ‘‘either Christian or Catholic’’.

'‘Are you wanting to put your values on these establishments just as you argue that you don’t want there [sic] values?’

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/mp-outrages-gay-constituent-with-child-molester-analogy-20110507-1edg0.html#ixzz1LrUUv53Q

If our parliamentary paragon of tolerance runs true to form for these upholders of family values and rigid ‘Christian’ social conduct, he’ll be found in a brothel with a feather duster up his arse pretending to be a rooster while being breast fed by an under age prostitute in a nurse’s outfit, or something equally bizarre. Then we’ll have to endure his tearful begging for forgiveness etc in the manner established by American evangelists when they’re caught with their schlongs in someone other than their wives.

But, more disturbing than that, WTF does he mean by “either Christian or Catholic”? All Christian churches are descended from the Catholic Church. Or maybe he’s just making the point that there’s not a lot of Christianity in the Catholic Church, which is a fair point, but it’s not the only Christian Church to lack Christ’s virtues and values.

The really funny thing is that the race is so close (with Jack Davis, a Third Party candidate mostly taking votes from Corwin) that one has to wonder if a parody like this might actually make a difference…