When You Peeps Delete Spam!

Please, for the love of God, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS select the “physically remove” option. Not only does just ‘soft’ deleting leave an annoying clutter around for us mods to wade through when on the forum, it also prevents the post count of spammers from being reduced thereby preventing us from banning with infractions…

So --in conclusion and to summarize-- always choose the second “PHYSICALLY REMOVE” deletion option!

Thanks,

Everyone’s Least Favorite Mod,

Nickdfresh

Also, I’ve learned that if you delete down someone’s post count by click on “statistics,” and then “find all posts by _____,” you can then ban them when you choose the “delete as spam” option. I’m not sure this works in every case though. But use this information wisely, or else the powers that be will still keep us as eunuch-mods. :wink:

Got that. However I regarded these “soft-delete” leftovers as some kind of a personal proof of activity.:wink:

Me too.

I recall an event about fifteen months ago in which a former mod from down Argentina way had difficulties in justifying banning a certain member, who shall remain nameless ;), becase the mod deleted all the allegedly offending posts. (My recollection is that they were offensive posts, and intentionally so, but that’s not the point. :D)

also physically deleting makes the database smaller because the post is actually deleted. :slight_smile:

Uhm, I just noticed I do not have another option but to soft-delete. A “PHYSICALLY REMOVE” deletion option does not appear, just the soft-delete which can’t be de-selected.

Same here.