Who had the most powerful underpants in WWII?

It’s been forgotten that SLA Marshall had an important appendix to his research on American soldiers not firing in combat in the Pacific, entitled ‘The underpants factor’.

Marshall noted that American troops rarely fired in their underpants, but when not wearing underpants they were much more willing to use their weapons.

This research led the eminent Russian combat analyst, Colonel Vladimir Ripdemoff, to research the underpants factor among Soviet troops. He found that the nearer they got to Berlin, the less they wore underpants to ensure that they would be ready for any action.

Marshall’s reseach also caused the British Major Dorian Gray to establish the picture with British troops. He found that the underpants factor generally didn’t affect the performance of English troops as most of the OR’s didn’t know what underpants were.

Upon learning of Major Gray’s results, de Gaulle appointed a staff officer to establish French superiority on the underpants factor. This showed that many French soldiers were ineffective in combat due to muscle stiffness caused by their silk underpants. de Gaulle suppressed the results of this research.

When the Australians heard of the underpants factor, they misunderstood the results of Marshall’s research and thought that he was commenting upon the number of troops who fired into their underpants. Accordingly, all men in three randomly selected infantry battalions were, upon returning to Australia, subjected to rigorous questioning by the army’s esteemed psychologists, based largely around the men’s response to questions based on this image.

The psychologists reported that the weapon response was the same for men with and without underpants.

Which nation do you think had the most powerful underpants in WWII?

You may vote for more than one option.

I think you won already. I think my country Australia. Good one:cool:

I vote for the sheila in post #1. Because she was able to make the men fire off their weapons with or without underpants. If she made the Australians do that, then there was little hope for the other countries;):smiley: Even the vaunted Americans:mrgreen:

Navyson, don’t forget with the woman on the picture there’s always the danger of a premature discharge of a man’S weapon.

I don’t know if the german armys underpants were that powerful but surely they were of the queerest kind:

uw1.jpg

BTW, did the Scots have underpants in the first place?:shock:

There may be a distinction between premature and accidental discharge. :wink:

Queer is in the eye of the beholder.

I think they’re rather nice rubber or leather underpants. Definitely underpants designed for action. :smiley:

This raises the difficult question of where the first place might be for a Scotsman, but as they didn’t wear underpants even in the company of their (currently endured, i.e. not a proper Scottish) monarch, then they didn’t wear them in any place. :wink: :smiley:

All rubish!

My vote goes straight to the glorious republic of Kazakhstan:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:n_1qn_tZUFxfZM:www.herecomestheboss.com/images/news/lg_a-borat2.jpg

Quote: “BTW, did the Scots have underpants in the first place?”

NO. On occasion I’m told they did sport a blue ribbon. At any rate I never do when wearing the Kilt.:shock:

So it is true, i thought it was a fyth:D

I may be mistaken, but I don’t think Borat’s under(or over)pants were regulation military issue in WWII, or since. :wink:

Anyway, his sister is number four prostitute in Kazakhstan, so nobody is going to shoot at him. :wink:

Maybe it is.

That picture’s authenticity is disputed, but who wants truth to get in the way of a good story?

Yes true.

i dont know about firing into my underpants, ( cant even say that with a straight face)
but my weapon definately “cocks” itself when i looked at that ladys pose

Right. It was not exactly this design that was used in WW2. But we know for sure they must had been real good ones if they brought to life the depicted modern design.

Anyway, his sister is number four prostitute in Kazakhstan, so nobody is going to shoot at him. :wink:

Of course you would not shoot at Borat… you would be afraid of his wife whose hobby is to wrestle bears in the woods.

I don’t believe that. There are no bears in Kazakhstan.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6vXq0Btbs

I think you’re right about the Kazakhs having the most powerful underpants. Imagine a horde of armed men, or better still, women, dressed like that charging at you. :smiley:

I messed up the start of this thread.

I meant to include a comparison of your favourite WWII gun (including side arms, rifles, assault rifles, SMG’s, MMG’s, HMG’s, mortars, trench guns, mountain guns, field guns, heavy artillery, railway guns and other personal infantry weapons) with your favourite most powerful WWII underpants. So here you can post your favourites.

This is my favourite WWII underpants unit, but I can’t identify the gun or the nationality. Anyone know?

I could include the infamous utility knickers issue to British service women during WW2: “One Yank and they are off!” :wink:

I have some British army WW2 issue underpants (for men) in my collection (a bargain in a surplus store, he had bundles of them, never issued, 1943 stamped). They are about the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever worn (as a test). Since rubber was rationed and cotton had to be imported, they were made out of woolen flannel and had loops attached to hang them into the braces (suspenders for the Yanks) for the normal BD trousers to keep them up. They were made boxer style, but in a very wide cut, giving no support at all to the “dangly bits” and had a huge slot in front, through which the bits tended to come out to rub against the scratchy woolen serge of the trousers [ouch!]. Additionally, since wool doesn’t absorb moisture, like cotton, you’ll sweat like a horse in them, with the result that after tabbing for a few miles your legs and danglies are rubbed raw.
If I find my digital camera, I’ll post a picture (obviously without me inside).

Jan

Or, one hopes, outside. :smiley:

What? Do you call Borat a lier?
In fact it has been for a fact proven that Borat’s wife had been violated and kiled by a bear…
So what do you say now?

Jak sie masz?

Dziekuje?

Do you have a picture of the bear that violated his missus? It must have a very big bear, and very blind.

Alert members will have noticed that I omitted LMG’s from the personal infantry weapon sequence.

This is because I don’t like light machine guns. The light gives your position away at night.