Who's that in your avatar?

Hey i thought this might be intresting!
The guy in mine is a soldier of the Greek Army (POW after the German invasion).
Found it on a google search :oops:
Lets hear your stories.

My Father, circa 1941

Ion Antonescu - Romania’s head of the Government between September 1940-23rd of August 1944.
Sentenced to death and executed in 1946 after been putting on a trial by Communist Government.
(Anyway, on the end of 1947 King Michael was forced by Soviets to abdicate.)

Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Lord Tedder of Glenguin. He was Deputy Supreme Allied Commander for Operation Overlordl.

I’ll edit and update as I learn more - I’m trying to acquire a copy of his biography - ‘With Prejudice’.

Some random South African soldier in WW2. Couldnt find not one single picture of anything relating to military and South Africa during WW2!! So I had to scan a big picture with fairly low quality that happend to be in a book. :slight_smile:

Nice sig SAM. It is a patch or a badge?

tnx. Badge

<---- His name is Bob he likes bowling and has a thing for mimes. His nickname is the dessert bunny. He also likes to dress up like Pat Benetar. He was in ww2 but spent the whole time Hoboken New Jersey.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we all know who my avatar is. Or i should hope.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A fox disguised!!! :smiley:

Next thing you’ll say is that his first name is the same with a famous avatar designer :shock:

i saw footage of the execution… twas nasty cause it was more than just him there, and one survived the 1st shot and was just shaking there on the floor and soem ruski came by and shot him in the head. nasty shit

oh yeha my avy…

its a romanian soldier

yes,he is errrwwinn…erwin schätzer :smiley: .
we all know that he`s the desert fox,THis Is the deseet fox:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4075/fox.html
:lol: :lol:

my avatar is a soldier of argentina,he has the german uniform,because in 1939 argentina had the german uniform,and in 1942 too.
the half part of our army were germans in that years.
there are some troops (the poorest!) who still use that helmets :lol: .

Lt. Col. Robert Blair Mayne of the SAS. He was one of the most highly decorated British soldiers of the War, despite never winning a VC.

my uncle.

If youneed to ask…

My Webley Mk.VI, born in 1916 :smiley: .

cool hat.

[quote=“South_African_Milita”]

cool hat.[/quote]

It is either Romanian M28 helmet or M38/42, based on Dutch M23 helmet.
If you’ll search for Dutch WW2 army you’ll notice the similarities.
:smiley:

Ive been looking for a decent one for mine for ages and now Ive finally found it, its an erm, well you can guess.

Mine’s of Erwin Rommel, nicknamed the Desert Fox. He was the leader of the Afrika Korps, which were defeated by Monty and the 8th Army. After becoming implicated in a plot to assassinate Hitler, he took poison and committed suicide to prevent any persecution of his family.