Why can't I ban this user?

I’ve given him a 5 point spam ban twice, but he’s still not banned. Anyone know why?

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php?u=9000

I’m sure you did ban him for he doesn’t appear in the Members List no more.
However I had a similar case lately, I gave two spammer infractions to one of these abcd123 bots and he still appeared in the Members List.
So I asked Nickdfresh to take care of him and he succeeded. BTW, he’s got the enviable power to ban spammers without starting a new thread in the war room!

Seems to be if you follow the “delete posts as spam” option the ban works and they vanish silently. If you give them an infraction by itself, it doesn’t always work and starts a new thread.

Strange enough the major part of them doesn’t post during their first attendance to the site.

I think the problem was that I went on to the second half of the infraction screen to complete the ban rather than doing it, as I’ve just done successfully, on the first part just under the custom ban part.

There’s a way to ban without even giving infractions and all that. At least it works for me. Click on the “edit user” function next to the user name when you click on a spammers user-ID link.

If it works for you, you should go to a blue “admin control” screen where you have to log in again. Do so, then copy the user name in the field and then look over to the controls on the left of your screen and select “ban user.”

The the fields go blank, but you can simply paste the user ID in the field, then you can select the length of the ban. The automatic one is “7 days.” Scroll down to the bottom for “permanent.”

Not sure if it works for everybody though…

Incidentally, I think the spammer/user discussed here may have always been banned, but since he had no rank, the word “banned” doesn’t show until it logs back on and tries to post spam. Just a guess…

Nope!

flamethrowerguy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ooooh, didn’t know about that admin control panel. That’s rather exciting - all sorts of cool tools in there. Search for users by IP-address for instance…

Just found it myself a week or so ago…

You’re still a youngling Jedi. :slight_smile:

Another thing I like about it in addition to what pdf said is that it doesn’t leave messy threads in the War Room and you don’t have to give a reason to the ban’ee making it seem like it might be an automatic anti-spam feature…