Windtalkers

It’s a great wW2 Pacific Front movie. Starring Nicolas Cage and some Indian. :slight_smile:
Anybody watched this already? :wink:
It’s all about the Navajos of the Battle of Saipan. Very dramatic story and I loved the ending. :slight_smile:

You should read up on the Navajo (Dine’ pronounced Din-ay) code talkers You’ll find it far more interesting than the movie.

I know a couple of people whose relatives were Code-Talkers. One was Army, the other, Army Air Corps (later to become US Air Force).
In both cases, the (now) old men are reticent and reluctant to talk all that much about it, if at all. This seems to be common among such Veterans.
I was VERY privileged to receive a personal greeting from one gentleman via the relative I know. She said to me her Great Uncle passed a kind Hello to the “polite Kiwi boy who knew a bit of history”. I’m 47 this August, but I have no objection at all to being gently called “boy” by a Veteran of that community. After all, I may never live long enough to receive again such a greeting, which I regard as an Honour.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

A brilliant film, which i have in my collection and one i really enjoy.

Although some scenes (like the aiming and shooting of a WW2 US Battleship during the landings) looked quite unreal, the story and casts made it great!