windtalkers

has anybody seen it? it was pretty good, i was surprised. it has very good battle sequences, some parts are a little corny but over all its a good ww2 movie. although nothing compared to Saving Private Ryan of course.

Never heard of it. Might you post the synopsis so we can be a bit more informed? :wink:

haha of course

On December 8, 1941, the United States declared war on Japan. For the next several years, U.S. forces were fully engaged in battle throughout the Pacific, taking over islands one by one in a slow progression towards mainland Japan. During this brutal campaign, the Japanese were continually able to break coded military transmissions, dramatically slowing U.S. progress. In 1942, several hundred Navajo Americans were recruited as Marines and trained to use their language as code. Marine Joe Enders is assigned to protect Ben Yahzee - a Navajo code talker, the Marines’ new secret weapon. Enders’ orders are to protect his code talker, but if Yahzee should fall into enemy hands, he’s to “protect the code at all costs.” Against the backdrop of the horrific Battle of Saipan, when capture is imminent, Enders is forced to make a decision: if he can’t protect his fellow Marine, can he bring himself to kill him to protect the code?

I got this summary from: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1805535156

Yeah Windtalkers was a good film, Quite compact with action and fighting.
True story i think aswell.

very good movie i have watched it over and over agian and it still is good

the greatest thing about mr. cage’s thompson is that he can shoot snipers out of trees 600 meters away with it… :shock:

Haha yeah i noticed that aswell he like aims at the sky and fires and youll see a japanese sharpshooter fall from a tree… :lol: probably croo-ked aim site :lol:

I think the term for this is ‘Hollywood Shooting’ happens a lot in movies, along with unlimited ammo…

I thought this movie Windtalkers sucked…The equipment and uniforms looked good and a great story to be told. Typical Hollywood BS, watching it once was enough for me.

yeh as i said…way over dramatized at times, but still it hasd great action scenes.

I think the term for this is ‘Hollywood Shooting’ happens a lot in movies, along with unlimited ammo…[/quote]

Well some movies like “Enemy at the Gates” are restricted with ammunition making it a more realistic even though the movie itself has got some critisizms about it.

i watched it long time ago, i find it very boring:(